TPC Racing Dominates Sebring!

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2013 | 12:37 PM
TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default TPC Racing Dominates Sebring!

Jessup, MD (March 18, 2013) Over the weekend, TPC Racing was at Sebring International Raceway for rounds one and two of the IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge by Yokohama Series. When the TPC Racing team arrived, both Michael Levitas and David Williams felt very confident that they had great Porsche GT3 Cup cars under them that they could drive to the front of the field.

Off of the truck, the cars felt as though they needed adjustment and the TPC Racing team got to work on chassis setup. The 37 TPC Racing / Merkle GT3 Cup of David Williams was running in the top three in practice while Michael Levitas was chasing the setup on his 36 TPC Racing / Merkle machine running mid pack. This would all change though once qualifying came around.

Qualifying for this season is different than in the past. For this season, you must set two fast laps to determine starting positions for races one and two. The fastest time of the session determines the position for race one while your second fastest time determines your position for race two. Right away, Levitas went out in the 36 car and noticed a night and day difference in the car setting a time of 2:11.2 while David Williams noticed his setup changes and turned a 2:11.4. This would put TPC Racing on pole in the 36 car with the sister car of Williams starting P2. After turning his 2:11.2, Michael thought there was more in the car. He had an open track and turned a 2:10.5! This would put Levitas on pole for both races.

Race one of the weekend had action, but it was all about the two TPC Racing Porsche’s of Levitas and Williams. Michael started the race keeping his nose clean and never looked back, take the race win. David Williams ran a smart and consistent race and went flag-to-flag finishing P2. This was the perfect way to start the season finishing 1-2!

"It was a great run, I had a great time, I mean TPC really pulled it off in the final hours," said the class-winning Levitas. "Even from the practice day we had a great car but for some reason we couldn't find it and the guys worked hard and pulled it off in the final hours last night. We weren't too sure what we had going into the qualifying but once we got to qualifying I knew I had a great car, it was a great feeling going into the race."

"It was all about redemption this weekend," Williams said. "We did well in qualifying as well as the race, so overall this was a great weekend in my first race. If it wasn't for the hard work and determination of our team and sponsors, we wouldn't have been able to pull this off."

The next day was race two. Michael Levitas started on pole once again, but teammate David Williams would start P4 in his 37 TPC Racing / Merkle Porsche. At the drop of the green flag there was tons of action and carnage. To avoid the incident in turn one, David dropped back a position to P5 but knew he was faster and could drive a smart race up to the front. There was a lengthy caution to clean up the carnage in turn one but once the field went green again, Levitas never looked back and opened a great gap on P2 while Williams drove his 37 machine to P3. With five minutes remaining in the race, David was turning lap times faster than P2 and knew he could make a pass by the end of the race. Williams set up a brilliant maneuver and made the pass for
TPC Racing to have another 1-2 finish in the Gold Class!

"This race was pure excitement for me," said Levitas. "I'm in the Gold Class but I started in the middle of the Platinum Class, which created a bit of an accordion effect coming up to Turn 1. I was in the middle of it and tried my hardest to stay out of the mayhem. I ended up having very slight contact that wasn't enough to knock me out of the race. TPC Racing had a good weekend though, and it was great to have a 1-2 finish with my teammate David Williams."

"This was my first weekend racing with the series after being away from racing for 10 years and it went really well," said Williams. "I'm happy to be back on-track and being at Sebring has been an awesome experience."

Not only did TPC Racing dominate both races, but Michael Levitas and David Williams both were battling for position in the Masters Class. The Masters Class is for drivers 45 years old and up, and both Levitas and Williams dominated the Gold Class and Masters Class finishing 1-2 in both races!

TPC Racing goes into rounds three and four at Laguna Seca as point’s leaders in both the Gold Class championship and the Masters championship. Also, Michael Levitas leads the driver’s championship with teammate David Williams in P2. The TPC Racing team is ready for the battle to take place at Laguna Seca and for an exciting season to come. This would all not be possible without the great team at TPC Racing and our sponsors, Merkle, JRZ USA, IBIZ World Class Wax and the strength and conditioning coaching from Bryan Woolson and Jay Dyer at JDYER Strength and Conditioning.

About TPC Racing:
TPC Racing is the Mid-Atlantic’s premier maintenance, service, tuning and modification center dedicated solely to Porsche sports cars. This long time focus on only one make, Porsche, has enabled us to become experts in Porsche service, tuning and racing.
TPC Racing has its roots in the IMSA Supercar Series of the late 1980’s and early 1990’s, where team owner and driver Michael Levitas managed the turbocharger programs that gave the fire-breathing Nissan 300ZX, Mazda RX7 Twin Turbo, Lotus Turbo Esprit and Consulier GTPs their prodigious power.
By combining a lifetime of automotive enthusiasm, business experience and technical skill with advanced aeronautical training and certifications, Levitas has managed to extend the engineering of some of the most advanced and well-regarded machines in existence – Porsche race cars.

About Merkle:
Merkle is the nation’s largest and fastest-growing customer relationship marketing (CRM) agency. For more than 20 years, Fortune 1000 companies and leading nonprofit organizations have partnered with Merkle to maximize the value of their customer portfolios. Employing data-driven strategies, Merkle combines a complete range of marketing, technical, analytical and creative disciplines to offer complete integrated customer marketing solutions. With a strategically led, consultative approach, we work closely with clients to design, execute and continuously evaluate CRM programs throughout the buying cycle, across channels and media.

Email: info@tpcracing.com
Phone: (410)799-7223
Facebook | Youtube
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2021 Porsche Sprint Challenge Champions
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champions
2006 Grand Am Rolex 24hr of Daytona GT Winner

Old 03-18-2013 | 12:43 PM
GBoxguys
Instructor

Congratulations on a great weekend. Awesome Job.

Erik
Old 03-18-2013 | 03:54 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Congratulations on a great weekend of racing.......
Old 03-18-2013 | 05:00 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Congratulations. A one two finish is a great achievement in Cup racing.

Mark
Old 03-18-2013 | 05:18 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

sweet action!
Old 03-18-2013 | 09:29 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

As the current owner of the 2004 #36 TPC car, congratulations.

Ed
Old 03-19-2013 | 12:55 AM
Rovman
Rennlist Member

Congrats , awesome!

Quick Reply: TPC Racing Dominates Sebring!