Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Motec GPS Beacon

Old 03-03-2015, 06:23 AM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by surathdp
If you buy the new C125 kit you get dash, data logger and GPS included. Plug and play according to Motec site. Is this not true? I am debating whether to upgrade 996 cup SDL3 to C125 Or go with AIM MXL2/MXG Options that I am familiar with.
What's the price difference?

I went for an AiM setup in my 996 Cup car. Very happy with it.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:48 AM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Rickard

Can you be more specific? I don't understand your question
Old 11-29-2022, 05:23 PM
Herb E.
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Gentlemen, this seems like a knowledgeable bunch regarding the MoTeC ADL2. Ive got an '07 997.1 Cup (first year with it was this past summer/fall). I want to add the Motec SLM module to it. It currently has the original beacon, a GPS added and Bosch ABS added. The GPS and ABS (wheel speed, brake pressure) show up in the Motec logs. The beacon does not as I assume there are none set up at tracks these days, at least not for DE events (I run mostly at Watkins Glen). Question 1): Ive read that I need to have PMNA unlock the ADL2 but I expect with addition of the ABS and GPS (in 2017) it would be unlocked already? Ive added screen shots of what I believe are the relevant views in the ADL2 Dash Manager. Can you tell if it is unlocked by these? PMNA believes it is still locked from the screenshot and says I should send it in. Question 2: I understand the SLM needs a two way CAN port (transmit and receive). These ports are all current;y consumed by the ECU, ABS and beacon (BR2). Im looking at removing the beacon as it doesnt seem to work and is redundant with GPS anyway. That would allow the SLM to take its port. Does that make sense? As a follow on, I notice that some of the ECU and ABS templates only have receiving functions (from the list on the RHS of the Comm Setup page.) Can these be moved manually (ie by me) to the "receive only" ports or will I screw something up? Last question, there was once a "pigtail" sold with 4-wires in a 4-pin Deutsch connector, where two of the wires had the appropriate pins that slide into the ADL2 79-pin connector for CAN_Hi and CAN_Lo). It was part number "M H GT3 SLM". It doesnt seem to be available at Motec (or their online store milspecwiring.com). Does any know where I can get one these days(versus splicing into the CAN lines?) I know I have to splice into power and ground.
Many thx
Herb

PS. Peter, if you see this, I met you in Rochester last March at the Niagara Region Data Seminar. Nice seminar. I hope you are well!
Attached Images      
Old 12-04-2022, 10:44 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

So long as the Can bus has the bandwidth and there are no CAN ID collisions, you should be able to add the SLM without issue. I dont see anything in the screen shots suggesting the dash is locked.
Old 12-07-2022, 11:40 PM
Herb E.
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for taking a look at my data sir and for the response. Any thoughts on where to get the pigtail?
Best,
Herb
Old 12-08-2022, 07:56 PM
38D
Nordschleife Master

Received 787 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Herb E.
Thanks for taking a look at my data sir and for the response. Any thoughts on where to get the pigtail?
Best,
Herb

Email these guys; they are very responsive and can make one for you

https://www.fischermotorsports.com

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Motec GPS Beacon