Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Verification of hours

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2012, 04:05 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Verification of hours

So if a Cup ECU says 200 hours... Does that mean that it has 200 hours on the engine? (IE does Porsche reset that meter in the ECU when they rebuild?) ...or is the onus upon the owner to track?

Have a friend looking at one with 186 hours on the ECU and the owner (who will, of course, be asked to document the rebuild) saying it had the last rebuild at 180 hours.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:47 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

if PMNA did the rebuild they will reset the ECU. Most other builders don't have the equipment to reflash the ECU.
Old 12-30-2012, 09:23 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default MODAS hours

I think there are two "hours" on the ECU. One is the total on the Car (ECU) and one is the hours on the ECU since the last reset. I believe the total hours does not get reset by PMNA but the engine hours do if you send the ECU in with the engine when being rebuilt. The screen shot below shows 336.8 hrs on the Car/ECU ( I think) and 98.7 hours since PMNA did a rebuild
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2012, 06:58 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by amso3
I think there are two "hours" on the ECU. One is the total on the Car (ECU) and one is the hours on the ECU since the last reset. I believe the total hours does not get reset by PMNA but the engine hours do if you send the ECU in with the engine when being rebuilt. The screen shot below shows 336.8 hrs on the Car/ECU ( I think) and 98.7 hours since PMNA did a rebuild
+1

The lifetime/consumption screen will have the following info:

ECU operating time
Distance covered over lifetime
Engine operating time
Engine speed monitor
Max engine speed
Overall fuel consumption
Old 12-31-2012, 07:19 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I was in the Porsche PDF for the Cup car today, looking for something else, and saw this screen (includes translation) confirming what AL just posted
Attached Images  
Old 12-31-2012, 07:57 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by amso3
+2.

And, not only if someone else does the rebuild that the motor hours can not be reset, but if the shop does not send the ECU in with the motor to motorsports, then it also can go unreset.

Ed
Old 01-03-2013, 05:36 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks everyone. I've told him no matter what.. Get the paper, and VERIFY!

Quick Reply: Verification of hours