Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Tall Rear Wing Uprights FS

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2014 | 11:45 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Hi,

Looking at post 25. That still appears to be the roof height uprights. Same as Post 35 (even thought that is my car and it has a large Good Aero wing) and same as RWGRIF's thumbnail (you can see it a few posts up).

Does not look like I have any pictures of cars with the mid height uprights here. Maybe someone can post one.

No, I have not made any of the mid height GT3. The roof height was been much more popular of a choice, so that is where I have been focusing efforts lately. What I have for the mid hight are the same style as shown in post 25 (which are the thicker material) and the original nuclear logo (from the stock thickness material) shown in the first post.

At this point, I could put nearly anything on a wing that you might want using the wing bodies that I have. It would just be more expensive becuase it would be a special setup charge for the laserjet cutter. (oh, and it can not be too intricate or the laser will melt the upright) And, whatever it might be I need to be able to turn it into a Autocad or DXF file.

Thanks

Ed
Old 02-07-2014 | 01:28 PM
Glen
Race Car

Originally Posted by crashtest22
Interested in the these for a 09 cup.
Who do I pm....
I have a pair of World Challenge uprights for Your car. Ed is using them for a template. I would be glad to sell You those.
Old 02-07-2014 | 08:34 PM
runet
Racer

Originally Posted by 911racer
Hi,

Looking at post 25. That still appears to be the roof height uprights. Same as Post 35 (even thought that is my car and it has a large Good Aero wing) and same as RWGRIF's thumbnail (you can see it a few posts up).

Does not look like I have any pictures of cars with the mid height uprights here. Maybe someone can post one.

No, I have not made any of the mid height GT3. The roof height was been much more popular of a choice, so that is where I have been focusing efforts lately. What I have for the mid hight are the same style as shown in post 25 (which are the thicker material) and the original nuclear logo (from the stock thickness material) shown in the first post.

At this point, I could put nearly anything on a wing that you might want using the wing bodies that I have. It would just be more expensive becuase it would be a special setup charge for the laserjet cutter. (oh, and it can not be too intricate or the laser will melt the upright) And, whatever it might be I need to be able to turn it into a Autocad or DXF file.

Thanks

Ed
Hi Ed.

Thanks for your reply.
I was mostly interested in the style of the mid height uprights, as I suspected the pictures in the post to be of the roof height.

Can you make those as pictured in #25 in mid height, but with the GT3 lettering where you have put the small Nuclear sign? How much more will they cost if you have to swap the little sign with GT3? And is the GT3 fonts made available in another post sometime back what you need in AutoCAD to program the laserjet cutter or will something else have to be provided?
And finally, if I asked of you to make a pair of mid height uprights using the same wing bodies that you already use, but cut them like OEM ones (big GT3 cut out like in picture number 2 of OP), what would that cost.

Sorry for all the questions, and thank you for the time you have spend on answering already.
Old 02-08-2014 | 09:26 AM
911racer
Rennlist Member

The GT3 is no problem. I have that graphic already in Autocad, so it is just a matter of sizing them and having the laserjet cutter take a look at them.

It will take until the middle of the week to get back to you.

Thanks

Ed
Old 02-08-2014 | 03:15 PM
runet
Racer

OK, thanks.
Old 02-13-2014 | 02:39 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

OK, here is what I know. I can get them done for a $50 premium becuase I am having other uprights cut right now. Need to know quick though because they are setting up on my job now.

Either one is avaliable for the same price. I already made the cad file for either of them and sent it over.

Thanks

Ed
Old 02-13-2014 | 02:58 PM
runet
Racer

Originally Posted by 911racer
OK, here is what I know. I can get them done for a $50 premium becuase I am having other uprights cut right now. Need to know quick though because they are setting up on my job now.

Either one is avaliable for the same price. I already made the cad file for either of them and sent it over.

Thanks

Ed
I have replied to your PM.
Thank you.
Old 02-13-2014 | 06:51 PM
aspenripper
Advanced

PM sent need some for my new car
Ed

Quick Reply: Tall Rear Wing Uprights FS