Sponsored by:

WTB: Crawford Wing, Splitter - 996 Cup

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 11:41 AM
2000gt3cup
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Again, I'm in the camp that thinks wings can be intrusive. Yes it's a little more to handle with the smaller wing but if setup properly it's definately faster.....

Yes the undertray goes back quite a bit with vents. It's up in the rafters, maybe I'll get it down tomorrow and shoot a pic.

We have a guy locally who makes molds and splitters as pictured in my avatar. That splitter is angeled downward and leaves little room for air to get under the car. The WSC splitter on Wolfie's car goes out level but with a big-*** lip. I'm not sure which splitter is more effective. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he wants to produce the WSC version...

JR did you ever get to taking that picture of the splitter and the price on it?
Old 12-25-2012, 12:02 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Again, I'm in the camp that thinks wings can be intrusive. Yes it's a little more to handle with the smaller wing but if setup properly it's definately faster.....

Yes the undertray goes back quite a bit with vents. It's up in the rafters, maybe I'll get it down tomorrow and shoot a pic.

We have a guy locally who makes molds and splitters as pictured in my avatar. That splitter is angeled downward and leaves little room for air to get under the car. The WSC splitter on Wolfie's car goes out level but with a big-*** lip. I'm not sure which splitter is more effective. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what he wants to produce the WSC version...

I used to think that, but slowly over the years I have swung the other way. And, I suppose it depends on the track we are talking about in combination with the Hp of the car.

I won the NASA GTS1 championship last year (and region season points the year before and I think I came in second in season points last year) in a 140 Hp 944 with a huge wing, a huge splitter, fender spoilers, dive planes, roof air diverters. The works. Yes, it slowed my terminal velocity down at the end of the straights, but the speed I picked up entering the straight and the speed I could maintain in the corners more than made up for the loss at the end of the straights.

What kind of lap times? 1:39 at Mid Ohio on the pro course. Not bad for 140 hp.

Thanks

Ed
Attached Images  
Old 12-26-2012, 01:27 PM
AudiOn19s
Race Car

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I have a NIB World Speed Challenge 996 front bumper as pictured below. It's not for sale, but could be borrowed locally if someone wants to make a mold....

I could be wrong but when I did some research about a year ago I thought this splitter was still available through either J3 motorsports or Goldcrest.

Also, despite it being seemingly impossible to find second hand Crawford also absolutely makes a 996 splitter. I contacted them directly and they sent me product information on their splitter but it was a little more than I wanted to spend on a splitter (> $2k).
Old 12-26-2012, 01:49 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have a 2007 Porsche Grand Am nose with the full splitter, venture, all carbon. quite nice. very affordable. PM if interested.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:23 PM
JDUBGT3
Instructor

Goldcrest sells that splitter. I think I was quoted $800 + shipping about 6 months ago.
Old 12-27-2012, 05:27 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

thanks - will check with them
Old 12-28-2012, 07:49 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiOn19s
Also, despite it being seemingly impossible to find second hand Crawford also absolutely makes a 996 splitter. I contacted them directly and they sent me product information on their splitter but it was a little more than I wanted to spend on a splitter (> $2k).
I think we have 2 or 3 of the Crawford 996 splitters at our shop. They are very well made. They don't extend all the way to the rear though. Bolt on with aluminum spacers to separate it from the bottom of the front floor. We could make someone a very good deal on them. autometrics@me.com
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 AM
HiWind
Race Car

Thanks Cory - email sent
Old 11-16-2013, 02:53 PM
HiWind
Race Car

well .... still looking for a big *** front splitter ala those above for a cup - ie race not street
.... anyone?
Old 01-21-2015, 06:07 AM
888MVMT
Instructor

Default Searching for one for my 996

Pardon in advance for bumping an old thread just seen this one had many responses and views...
Soooooo any one else have one lying around for sale?
Local to CA would be preferred.

Thanks in advance
Old 01-21-2015, 08:49 AM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 888MVMT
Pardon in advance for bumping an old thread just seen this one had many responses and views...
Soooooo any one else have one lying around for sale?
Local to CA would be preferred.

Thanks in advance
I am just getting ready to post one for sale. PM or email me.
Thanks
Mike

Quick Reply: WTB: Crawford Wing, Splitter - 996 Cup