Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

'08 Cup for Sale (IMSA/GTC4 Spec)

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 05:15 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default '08 Cup for Sale (IMSA/GTC4 Spec)

All-

My '08 Cup is for sale. It will be available the day after the Daytona Club Race in October.

I am the third owner. Darrell Carlisle was the first and put about 30 hours on it. It got sold to a guy who drove it two weekends and decided it was too much car for him. I bought it in July/August of 2010. I have done PCA and IMSA races with it. Here are some details:

1) Motor will have approximately 18 hours on it after Daytona Club Race. PMNA sealed rebuild was done in April of this year. This is the first complete rebuild that has been done on the engine. I have the receipt which documents all of the repaired parts/cost/etc. from PMNA which I will share with serious buyers.
2) Gear Box will have about 22 hours on it. The box has been completely updated to the newest specs on every part (shorter gears, pinion bearing, etc, etc). The gear box was last taken out and re-freshed by Brian Copans and sealed for IMSA in December (seal still on it). It didn't get done because there was a problem, it got done because it had about 40 hours on it and I had him look at it. No major issues and Brian just freshened some of the parts (I have the bill which outlines the cost and work done which I will share with serious buyers). Car does not have a blipper...neither will my next one...
3) Total Chasis hours are approximately 130 since new.
4) Max Rev since rebuild 9,032rpm (Redline in the car is 8,400 rpm so 9,032 is really pretty good and a lot lower than you'll see in most cars).
5) Car has SACHS shocks and we can discuss a couple of different options (with different prices) depending on buyer and how much you care about shocks. I have 2 different sets (both SACHS). One set is factory spec and one is not. One is priced with the car price below and the other would add $6,000.
6) Car has been in accidents but has never had any frame damage or damage that would impact the car's potential. I assure you the car corner balances out as close as any '08-'09 car out...probably better. That said, it's a 4 year old car and it's been raced.... The only damage it had when I bought it was to the RR quarter panel had been repaired. I've had two incidents that I would consider worthy of explanation. First, I was hit in the right side last year at the Glen PCA race and replaced the RR quarter panel, right-side door and outer rocker panel. Second, I got collected in Turn 5A at Mosport IMSA race in July this year and did damage to the LR quarter panel and suspension. It was repaired well enough that night at the track for me to race it the next day and podium.... When we got back from the race, the quarter panel was replaced and, again, there was no frame damage.
7) Car comes with 3 sets of wheels
8) Car has MoTec with expanded memory with Pro-Logging and Shift Light Module.

I LOVE this car but just want to move up. Most PCA/IMSA guys on here have seen the car and I would encourage any of them to comment if they think there might be some issues with the car that I'm not mentioning. I'm certainly not trying to sell someone a problem, so if anyone thinks there's an issue, bring it up and I'll be happy to discuss it privately or here in the open forum. Also, you/your mechanics are welcome to call Marty at MGM in Pompano and he will be happy to discuss the car 954-592-4284.

I'm happy to give you times at different tracks but I always think that's a little arrogant when people do that and you also don't know when/who it was.... Let's just say that the car (with me driving it) has had multiple IMSA podiums (this year) and, after Road America, is leading in the PCA GTC4 National Championship Points.

Car is $120,000. PM me or call me with SERIOUS inquiries only please.... 561-213-9779.

Thanks for looking,

Peter
Attached Images     

Last edited by PedroNole; 09-07-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:02 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

bump
Old 09-26-2012, 01:11 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Bump
Old 10-08-2012, 12:42 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

SOLD. Thanks for all the questions and the looks.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 56 Posts

What's next? 997.2 Cup?
Old 10-08-2012, 07:32 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Yep. Working on an '11
Old 10-08-2012, 08:43 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
Yep. Working on an '11
Literally....
Old bucket of bolts and a box of parts...
Old 10-08-2012, 11:20 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

. Yeah, and if I need some spare parts, I know where to go....Glen's salvage yard....
Old 10-08-2012, 11:54 PM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey now...vintage, collectible, historic....salvage??? LOL
Congrats, U get the bucket O Bolts Bought yet?
Old 10-11-2012, 10:39 PM
MariusRacer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Peter!!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:18 AM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Glen
Hey now...vintage, collectible, historic....salvage??? LOL
Congrats, U get the bucket O Bolts Bought yet?
Work in' on it.... Trying to figure out how to do quality relative value comparisons...

Quick Reply: '08 Cup for Sale (IMSA/GTC4 Spec)