Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

09 Cup Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 01:20 PM
ktr6
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 09 Cup Car

Just saw this listed, was curious of cup owners opinions on this vehicle. I know Gordon/Autometrics is a great shop, just curious about market value, the needed engine rebuild etc. Is this a good buy?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsc...9-gt3-cup.html
Old 06-06-2012, 02:25 PM
crashtest22
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I know about nothing about anything but in my research that car should have a engine refresh and gearbox refresh done asap.

My boss just bought a 09 cup with I think 96 hrs on the chassis unknown on the gearbox but had been refreshed and 9.6 hrs on a PMNA engine refresh.

I pulled the gearbox and had it checked by copans which got the upgraded wide gearset from PMNA
price of car was 120k

This one seems to have had the fire system replaced which to me would cause question.
also being a club car I would suspect the calipers, bearings, and other misc stuff normally replaced on a pro car would not have been done.

Take it for what its worth I have only been dealing with cups for 6 months and still have lots to learn.
I am not trying to say its not worth it or a bad deal just my .02
Old 06-11-2012, 09:28 PM
BBTurbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tough Call without more history on the car. If you assume the tub and all other mechanicals are good, you are still looking at over $50k for a quality engine and gear box rebuild. At 90+ hours it is long overdue. At the same time if the previous owner(s) rolled the dice and let the hours run up that high without any rebuilds, it's likely that they rolled the dice on axles, bearings, bushings, brakes, etc. The car may be a money pit, and then again it may be a good deal. But just not enough info to tell.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:29 PM
ukrbmw
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm relatively sure that is Gilbert Galle's old car. He ran it in NASA SE. Frankly, at the lap times I saw he wasn't really pushing it hard, which is probably why they went higher on the hours. Not really sure on the other maintenance items.
Old 06-11-2012, 11:53 PM
ktr6
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Thanks everyone for the input. I have actually decided to head towards a 996 cup that is gtc3 eligible. This may be a little too big of a jump for me at this point in time although I have always wanted a sequential.

Quick Reply: 09 Cup Car