Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:11 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts
Default GMG Racing Cup Cars Score Podiums and Points at Utah Grand Prix

GMG Racing emerged from the 2012 Utah Grand Prix with lead driver James Sofronas in the top 3 for the Pirelli World Challenge Drivers Championship plus with a pair of IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge podium finishes courtesy of 2011 Pirelli Driver’s Cup National Champion Bryce Miller.

The twenty-one year old Miller, who joined GMG Racing for the 2012 season, cruised to a third place finish in Saturday’s race. “It was a good day. The team had a great set up for me,” noted Miller, who “settled into a rhythm and relaxed and brought it home and was happy with my podium finish.”

Sunday was a bit more of a bumpy ride. Miller ran close in the top three out front until he spun in turn seven, also known as “Witchcraft,” and was thrown 18 seconds behind. He was able to continue on and maintain third place for another visit to the podium. “It was a matter of seconds and the car was coming around on me,” said Miller about the spin. “The two leaders drove a fantastic race and I was sticking with them for awhile until my mishap. I went into cruise control after that and tried to conserve third.”

The two races were Rounds 3 and 4 of the Yokohama IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge. “I am more than pleased to be back on the box in these 3rd and 4th rounds of the series,” concluded Miller. GMG Racing provided me with an excellently set up car and all the tools necessary to be successful at this event and it certainly showed. The team and myself did exactly what was necessary to keep the car clean and bring home some critical championship points.”

GMG Racing also made headway for the Pirelli World Challenge stop at the Utah Grand Prix. GMG Racing president, co-founder, and lead driver James Sofronas cracked into the top 3 in the hunt for the Drivers Championship in the GT Class. His 7th place finish in the No. 14 GMG Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car edged him over Lawson Aschenbach in the point standings.

“The momentum from a pair of fourth place finishes and a second place run in the first three rounds helped me turn today’s finish into progress for the Driver’s Championship,” stated Sofronas. “Now I am looking forward to building up that momentum with some strong finishes as the season progresses.”

“It was a full weekend of racing supported by our great sponsors including StopTech, Mobil 1, Pirelli Tires, APS, Under Armour and Swisher,” summarized Sofronas. “The Utah Grand Prix came with some triumphs for GMG Racing. Our job now is to turn up the heat for the rest of the season.”

GMG Racing returns to the track for another full weekend of racing May 10-12 at the Monterey Grand Prix. For more information about GMG Racing, visit www.GMGracing.com or keep up to date through Facebook (Team GMG), Twitter (@GMGracing) and YouTube (/GMGracing).

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Quick Reply: GMG Racing Cup Cars Score Podiums and Points at Utah Grand Prix