Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Michelin Slicks - Heat Cycle to extend life ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 12:56 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

I am very curious about the Pirelli's .Anyone have any experience? I have spoken to one person who runs a GT2 on the track .He stated that they are more consistent and last longer.
Old 05-25-2013, 01:52 PM
HiWind
Race Car

Received 47 Likes on 26 Posts

Yes Rocket I also saw them on a GT2R last weekend ... His first race on them tho
Old 05-25-2013, 04:18 PM
Skypalace
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I run the Pirellis, I won the Platinum/overall Pirelli GT3 Cup series last year.

I like them, they're quick and have reasonable life, but as in any competitive series where tenths (or less) often separate pole from further back, you need to go through a lot of fresh tires to stay at the top of the pack, so I don't have much experience racing them with lots of heat cycles, though I do of course use older tires in practice.

They do seem more consistent than the Michelins, esp. the fronts on the 2010+ cars.
Old 05-27-2013, 01:46 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

What pressures do you run for your Pirellis? My front end feels good at 28-30 hot but the pyrometer says I'm overheating the insides... Rear I'm at around 30...

Originally Posted by Skypalace
I run the Pirellis, I won the Platinum/overall Pirelli GT3 Cup series last year.

I like them, they're quick and have reasonable life, but as in any competitive series where tenths (or less) often separate pole from further back, you need to go through a lot of fresh tires to stay at the top of the pack, so I don't have much experience racing them with lots of heat cycles, though I do of course use older tires in practice.

They do seem more consistent than the Michelins, esp. the fronts on the 2010+ cars.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:10 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roketman
I am very curious about the Pirelli's .Anyone have any experience? I have spoken to one person who runs a GT2 on the track .He stated that they are more consistent and last longer.
try some Yokes. the new ones are pretty wicked good.

Quick Reply: Michelin Slicks - Heat Cycle to extend life ?