Notices

GT AVON setup

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2012, 03:31 PM
sergini
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GT AVON setup

Hi I need the basic setup and cold starting air pressure for Porsche 997 gt3 cup 2010 with Avon Tyres , in Italian Gt 2012 you need to put only Avon .

It's totally different from Michelin
Old 03-12-2012, 04:57 PM
BIG 928
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hi i would ask bmtr in england, if you google them you will find there number. they are the distributor for avon here and british gt cars run on avons and ive seen a lot of 997 cups in brit gt, you should get a idea on tyre pressures off them. maybe they will know a team who can give you a idea on setup as well

regards mark
Old 03-12-2012, 10:50 PM
boothkc
Advanced

Haven't tried them on the Cup car, but we did get some to run on my prior car last August. We were going to use them on a Panoz GTS (450hp 3200#) which is not the same animal, but they were terrible compared to the Hoosiers or Michellins we usually ran.

Ended up overnighting Hoosiers in for the race as we just couldn't get them sorted out. Very soft and tended to just get "over driven" very quickly.

In all fairness, we didn't push to hard to sort them and get the set up right.... but huge change in performance and grip. So you are right on to try to find some setup data as probably quite different from the other tires.

KB
Old 03-15-2012, 03:54 AM
sergini
Instructor

thanks!

I used first set last sunday .... with Michelin setup the car with new tyres was slower than Michelin tyres ...
30 min and tyres were out , they need less camber and less pressure...

I wrote to bmtr and Avon ..

Quick Reply: GT AVON setup