Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Anyone experience with GT racing gears?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2012, 12:05 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I buy them over the PMNA ones. Unquestionably the best.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:17 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

Hello,
Sorry for the slow response on this. Now that race season is upon us, I've been buried here. Just a few photos of gears from Bullet Racing's gearbox that ran the Rolex 24 Hours this year.
2nd gear, the one that really gets hammered as you enter turn 1.
Before, a new gear:

After:

And 3rd gear, the gear that, along with 4th, sees more shifts in and out of it per lap than any other gear.
New engagement teeth overlaid on the used ones:

And the gear teeth themselves:

And our ring and pinion:

Lastly, I want to address the rumour mill. It has come to my attention that at Sebring there were some people trash talking our gears because there were a couple of failures at Daytona. Daytona is arguably the toughest endurance race in the world when it comes to abuse of equipment. The people who were speaking poorly about our gears didn't have their heads inside of the gearboxes that failed. Brian Copans and Bill Rader are the ones who did the autopsies on the gearboxes with broken gears, and I've been provide with pictures. Their professional opinion? In all instances they said driver error. Not product failure, human driver error.

And it appears that assessment is good enough for at least TRG, whose #68 Axis of Oversteer car was one of the failures. I shipped replacement gears to repair that gearbox directly to the track, at full purchase price, to them when they had the PMNA trailer sitting right there where they could buy gears if they were unhappy with my product. People aren't repeat customers if they think you've got shoddy product that is going to take them out of the race. In motorsports, customers only come back if they believe in what you're making.

Regards,

Matt Monson
Guard Transmission llc
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 PM
Rick DeMan
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 649 Likes on 203 Posts

It is my opinion that GT products are the finest to be had, hands down... 10 years using their products with nothing but excellent results and customer service!

Matt, anyone bad mouthing your products has no clue as to what they are talking about and is no worry for you... Ignore it and keep up the fantastic work!

Rick DeMan

DeMan Motorsport
Upper Nyack, NY
845 727 3070
Porsche Sales & Service
Porsche Race services and parts
www.DeManMotorsport.com
Old 04-02-2012, 01:58 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep up the excellent work Matt!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:54 AM
gomez1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No question. The best out there. Period.

Quick Reply: Anyone experience with GT racing gears?