James Sofronas driving my 996 Cup at Willow

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 12:26 PM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by smsarchitects
very nice.
is trackvision an aftermarket program that imports/consolidates all that aim data?
I have never seen the option in the AIM layout to see the actual dash display. Maybe I am missing it.
It is very clean and easy to read.
Yeah - I have had nothing but heartbreak over trying to get AIM data and Chase Cam video integrated using the Chase Cam software. Finally came across Trackvision.net and spent some time reading their forums. Seemed very informative. One guy - Tony K. is basically the support guru for AIM. You export the AIM data and send him an email and he will build you a custom config file that will map the AIM data correctly in Trackvision.net. Then he built me a custom AIM dash based on the data. You load the video file and then the exported Excel AIM data and load them into Trackvision.net, run the video until you find a good sync point - I use braking points, gear shifts, or high rev points, pause the video and then move the slider on the data side until sync'ed with the video and then latch the data at that point. Hit Save Movie and it's done!! Very quick and very easy once you have Tony send you the config file. For $149 I was very happy!

I was spending 4+ hours per video trying to get AIM and Dashware (Chase Cam) to work with no luck. This took 20 mins and works with all sorts of loggers!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:30 PM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by James-GMG
Not my best work but I have no idea how the hell Big BOO BOO fits in that car when i could barely fit and you are bigger than me!
Yes, yes I am! I like to think I carry more momentum and have a larger contact patch through left hand turns.

Quick Reply: James Sofronas driving my 996 Cup at Willow