Notices

2008 GT3 Cup with 0 Hours

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 07:50 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Jim, I will be running some Pirelli events with the Cup S in the Exhibition group.
Trying to figure out a way to leave the family in San Diego during the summer and race is not going to be an easy task!!!

You will love the tracks, the event organizers and group of guys that run in it.
Old 02-21-2012, 08:30 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

Dave,

I'm looking at Laguna and Sears, Miller would be fun in the cup, but I may be out of the country for that one. Kinda sorry to see you sell the "little" cup, at least you would lap me slower...

Monterey was phenominal for Rennsport, the family should have no complaints if you parked them there for those two races...not much in Tooele tho...
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Jim,

Miller is no problem, its in April, Ill be there. The June/July/August events that are the issue.
I LOVE Laguna Secca, my avatar is me dancing in the rain at the corkscrew.

I was kind of thinking of saying to them..."You know for my Birthday and Fathers Day I would really like .............". It didnt work last year they had planned a party, but what the heck its worth another shot this year.

Hope you can make Miller.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:03 PM
grussell
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Now for the good news, yes I am hoping to be able to take Porschezilla out for a shakedown on Friday, the anticipation is killing me. I never knew building a car from a tub was much work or so $$$$$, but i guess if we hadn't of modified everything it would have came back together quicker and less costly, but what fun is that?
Hi Dave,

Good to hear she is finally going to see the track again. Other than a rebuild, what changes did you make to the original build?

Garrett
Old 02-23-2012, 06:04 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Hi Garrett, your going to cringe but its easier to list the parts that made it over:

Complete Motor and Gearbox (for now)
Motec ADL3 Dash and ECU
Carbon Roof
Shocks
Windshield
Thats it!

EVERYTHING else has been changed. Tub (former Rolex series winning car), body parts, wheels, brakes, suspension, wiring, etc, etc, etc, etc!!

We added RS rear quarter panels, tubbed the inner rear wheel wells, put Cup S body panels,carbon fibre inner wheel wells on and on.

I now understand your obsession when you built Carmine. Didn't start out that way but I just got carried away.

Hope to see you at the track.

Last edited by Surfbum; 02-23-2012 at 06:06 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-23-2012, 06:25 PM
grussell
Pro

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Hi Garrett, your going to cringe but its easier to list the parts that made it over:

Complete Motor and Gearbox (for now)
Motec ADL3 Dash and ECU
Carbon Roof
Shocks
Windshield
Thats it!

EVERYTHING else has been changed. Tub (former Rolex series winning car), body parts, wheels, brakes, suspension, wiring, etc, etc, etc, etc!!

We added RS rear quarter panels, tubbed the inner rear wheel wells, put Cup S body panels,carbon fibre inner wheel wells on and on.

I now understand your obsession when you built Carmine. Didn't start out that way but I just got carried away.

Hope to see you at the track.
Unbelievable!!!

As you have found, it's very easy to get carried away but it's also very rewarding. I'm sure you are enjoying every minute of it. Just don't keep track of your expenses if you want to keep enjoying it. Please post or email me some pics when you’re done. Whatever you do..... Don’t add turbos

Good luck on your testing this weekend.

Garrett
Old 02-23-2012, 07:35 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Carmine > Porschezilla has seen more build hours than F1 car :P

God I love playing with these cars!
Old 02-23-2012, 08:14 PM
grussell
Pro

Originally Posted by mobonic
Carmine > Porschezilla has seen more build hours than F1 car :P

God I love playing with these cars!
You are not far behind
Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 PM
Zuluracerx
Instructor

Is Carmine the car in your avatar grussel? What are the specs? With 911 Design on the banner there's no telling, he builds some real monsters! Sure looks badass!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:00 PM
grussell
Pro

Originally Posted by Zuluracerx
Is Carmine the car in your avatar grussel? What are the specs? With 911 Design on the banner there's no telling, he builds some real monsters! Sure looks badass!
Yes, but it's now Dave's Porschezilla.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 PM
Zuluracerx
Instructor

Oh Sweet Jesus, it must have well over $500K into it by now...

You bringing it out at WSIR tomorrow Dave?
Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by grussell
You are not far behind
Sad, but true
Old 02-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

John, I refuse to add up my bills on this build, but given what Garrett put in it to begin with I am pretty sure we have exceeded that number.

We had planned on taking it out to a private track here in Phoenix, but we are still missing a couple of small parts.........maybe wed or thursday.

I will post up some pics after it is all done.
Old 02-24-2012, 12:39 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by grussell
Hi Dave,

Good to hear she is finally going to see the track again. Other than a rebuild, what changes did you make to the original build?

Garrett
Where the hell have you been? It's been over 2 years since you posted here. So how did 'things' work out? You have my e-mail, drop me a note.....

JRG
Old 02-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Default Oops!!

Ok I feel a little foolish here, but my plans have been changed for me.

Originally, I was selling my 08 car to go ahead and drive my Cup S for a year and then get a new 2013, however I have recently found out that the 2013 car will be the same as the 2012 and not the 991.

Secondly, the Pirelli Drivers Cup Series will NOT have a Exhibition class this year, thus I would not be able to run the Cup S with them, sooooo, I am keeping the 08 to continue to run the PDC series again.

My apologies to those of you who I have spoken to regarding the purchase the car, and I wish you all the best in your search.

Quick Reply: 2008 GT3 Cup with 0 Hours