Notices

Modas Software guidance.

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 02:23 AM
tedean
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Modas Software guidance.

Bought the Modus Install CD and cable from PMNA. Would anyone out there be willing to share a little wisdom on installing the Modas Software? It seems a bit fussy and I can't get it to communicate.
Old 12-10-2011, 06:11 PM
Bullet-Racing
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You will need config files for your specific ecu flash as well as basic cable driver files.

What year is your car? The ecu will typically have a label with the flash number on it.

Be careful when you connect to your car as you can corrupt the hex and config file that Porsche loaded if you choose the wrong answer to a question that Modas asks on start up, after it finds the ecu.

PMNA should help you with this but if you are stuck I can give you a hand.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:35 AM
tedean
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bullet-Racing
You will need config files for your specific ecu flash as well as basic cable driver files.
I finally got it working. Interesting...for someone's future reference. I received the CD from PMNA, configuration file and, of course, the cable. Like all software eventually becomes, this CD was out of date, not the latest revision. The software wanted Windows XP so i tried loading it up on an old WinXP machine. That didn't work. Long story short, I downloaded the latest version from Bosch's home page along with the latest drivers. Loaded it up on VMWare Fusion, Win7 on my Mac and all is well. I guess what you are really paying for is the configuration file.

Originally Posted by Bullet-Racing
Be careful when you connect to your car as you can corrupt the hex and config file that Porsche loaded if you choose the wrong answer to a question that Modas asks on start up, after it finds the ecu.

PMNA should help you with this but if you are stuck I can give you a hand.
Modas did ask for the config file, which I pointed it to the one PMNA gave me. I have a 2007 Cup.

What I don't know yet is what the other software in the "Tool Box" is for. I just love a learning curve.....especially the driving part.

Quick Reply: Modas Software guidance.