Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

In car video - Pirelli Drivers Cup Night Race - Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 01:22 PM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In car video - Pirelli Drivers Cup Night Race - Las Vegas Motor Speedway

Great fun! As you can see, I started to get more and more comfortable with the track. Had a nice race on Sunday, but the front camera got unplugged so I only have the rear view and haven't posted it.

Pirelli tires were very good - much better than last year's where you would get 4-6 laps and the grip would start to go away. This year's batch is much better and lasted the almost the whole 50 mins!

Enjoy!

Old 11-14-2011, 01:31 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Video looks great.. the night racing looked *awesome*!

-mike

Last edited by fleadh; 01-23-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:37 PM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah - I heard that there was a bad batch this summer that the other Pirelli Driver Cup drivers were complaining about. Seemed like a batch of DM fronts were poorly constructed.

I've only raced on Pirellis and Yokohomas so that is the extent that I can comment.

The Pirellis I ran on have always had superior grip to the Yokes (i.e. to the tune of about .3 lateral gs), but the Yokes last longer (i.e. more heat cycles). The Pirellis are usually good for a couple qualifying laps, a 45 min race, and then 1 20 min practice and then they are toast.

We run the Yokes for practice, qualifying, race for the whole weekend and then still use them for test & tunes later.

I have a couple of sets of Michelin Blues that I will be testing at Willow Springs to see how they are!

Ricky
Old 11-14-2011, 03:43 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Don't get spoiled by the Michelin's, they're awesome.

-mike
Old 11-14-2011, 04:46 PM
mcongleton
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rick

Good to see you are having fun with the Cup car. That is a crazy enterance from the oval into the infield, looks very tight.

Good driving !!

Mark

Quick Reply: In car video - Pirelli Drivers Cup Night Race - Las Vegas Motor Speedway