Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

WTB: cup car wheel centering cones

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2011, 09:38 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTB: cup car wheel centering cones

im looking for Centering cones for a cup car. i believe these were required by grand am, or atleast utilized by grand am Cup cars so that you could expedite pits stops , the centering and using the gun on lugs when changing wheels.
these guy, i believe on the hub centers and let a wheel slide on the cone section,k then a minimal tweak and the studs center themselves on the lugs.

TRG lists them on their site but doesnt have them in stock. They were very helpful but just dont have them. They mentioned they had sourced them from "Sanderson" but a bunch of web searching found nothing on point.

Anyway have any? know of where to get them?
Old 02-07-2011, 09:42 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spg993tt
im looking for Centering cones for a cup car. i believe these were required by grand am, or atleast utilized by grand am Cup cars so that you could expedite pits stops , the centering and using the gun on lugs when changing wheels.
these guy, i believe on the hub centers and let a wheel slide on the cone section,k then a minimal tweak and the studs center themselves on the lugs.

TRG lists them on their site but doesnt have them in stock. They were very helpful but just dont have them. They mentioned they had sourced them from "Sanderson" but a bunch of web searching found nothing on point.

here is a photo
Attached Images  
Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 43 Posts

We had them custom made up, not cheap... Spencer might know who made them or can find out. Sanderson worked for F-L so it was probably from him...
Old 02-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt

Steve, here is where to find Bob Sanderson.

http://www.wendtmotors.com/who.asp

Quick Reply: WTB: cup car wheel centering cones