Sponsored by:

sachs adjustables replacement locking rings

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2011, 02:47 PM
outline
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default sachs adjustables replacement locking rings

anyone know for sure the thread used for the locking rings on the sachs adjustables that came on the 996 cups?
im about to tidy up my suspension and its time to get some new locking rings. mine are looking past their best.
was just wondering if there was another source rather than going to porsche motorsport for these.
my service manuals dont give any info ref the thread, just the part numbers which is making it difficult.

do they have the same thread as the bilsteins? it seems picking up a bilstein threaded locking ring is pretty easy.
i dont have the manual for the early cars that used the bilstein struts sadly. if anyone knows the part number for the locking ring i can see if it changed when the struts moved to sachs and this might answer this easily enough
Old 01-13-2011, 10:35 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts

I looked through the parts manual, they show the shock housing and rings as a complete assembly, so no specific breakdown on the individual shock parts as far as I can tell I think you need to get Sach or Bilstein part...sorry no help here...
Old 01-14-2011, 07:46 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Neil, we have spares and I think they crossover fine. What do You need and I will send them Your way.

Quick Reply: sachs adjustables replacement locking rings