Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 436 Likes on 260 Posts
Default Cup Car Dyno Testing?

Gents our 4wd and 2wd is now installed and fully operational

Please email me or call to set up an appointment

http://www.gmgracing.com/dyno.shtml

GMG features a state of the art Mustang AWD 500SE Chassis Dynamometer with a sound proof environmental control test cell. Our test cell is a state of the art unit, which offers unparalled repeatability and consistency. The Mustang 500 SE is an Eddy Current dyno, which has a 1500 wheel horsepower maximum measurement capacity in 2WD and 2500 wheel horsepower maximum measurement capacity in AWD. The Mustang 500 SE is also very safe on the drive train of an AWD car due to the synchronization of the front and rear wheel speeds, so, there is no chance of damage to the center differential. This is possible thanks to a drive belt connecting the front and rear rollers, a propriatery design of the 500SE. When the dyno is in 2WD, the clutch is set accordingly so the rear wheels spin independently of the front. With the Mustang 500 SE, we can also test 2WD cars that have very sensitive traction control systems. We can also test 2WD cars in AWD mode if we encounter a 2WD car that will disable the car if it doesn’t sense the front wheels spinning in sequence with the rears.

At the heart of the test cell are two 10 HP fans with a combined flow of 70,000 CFM. These two 10 HP fans extract exhaust gasses out of the test cell, while bringing fresh outside air in, creating a realistic driving scenario. The test cell is also insolated so while a car is being run on the dyno, it is not disrupting the other aspects of our shop. With this sophisticated equipment we can test and tune any 2wd or 4wd vehicle in the market today. Although GMG specializes in Porsche, Audi, Ferrari and Lamborghini, our Dynamometer is available to be rented for tuning and testing purposes by the hour or by the day for any vehicle including cars and trucks, gasoline or diesel powered.

GMG currently works with several OE and OEM manufactures testing various products and systems. So regardless of the vehicle our test cell is the highest grade of equipment available to test, tune and verify your vehicles performance.

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series

Last edited by gmgracing; 03-18-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 12:36 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 40 Posts

I see you are set up for the 6wd Tyrrell F1 car.

Old 03-18-2009, 01:23 AM
luiscarlos
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice installation congrats,if it was a little closer to my home jijiji
BTW yes great set up for T 6 wheelr ! ijij
Old 03-23-2009, 07:35 PM
kingers
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and recently purchased a 996 Cupcar to compete in our local series which is a mix of 996 Cup cars, 996 RS, and 997 Cupcars. (http://www.gt3cupchallenge.com.au/)

Before our next round, the series is hosting a compulsory dyno day for the cars in our state. So I was wondering what sort of rear wheel hp numbers we should be expecting out of these beasts. And if anyone has put an RSR or RS on the dyno as I'm expecting to see some bigger numbers from cars that may have had an engine transplant.

Thanks in advance...

cheers
Old 03-24-2009, 08:25 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by kingers
Hi guys,

I'm from Australia and recently purchased a 996 Cupcar to compete in our local series which is a mix of 996 Cup cars, 996 RS, and 997 Cupcars. (http://www.gt3cupchallenge.com.au/)

Before our next round, the series is hosting a compulsory dyno day for the cars in our state. So I was wondering what sort of rear wheel hp numbers we should be expecting out of these beasts. And if anyone has put an RSR or RS on the dyno as I'm expecting to see some bigger numbers from cars that may have had an engine transplant.

Thanks in advance...

cheers

It depends on the type of dyno. Different dyno manufactures will read different numbers. It also will make a difference what correction factor the dyno is set on. On our dynojet with SAE correction smoothing 3, a strong 03-05 cup will put down around 368 wheel HP. The highest porsche GT3 based NA engine we tested was a 996 RSR with an unrestricted 3.8l. It made 480 wheel hp. A 3.6l 996 RS unrestricted made 440.

Quick Reply: Cup Car Dyno Testing?