Sponsored by:

Who rents 996 Cup Car?

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 05:36 PM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who rents 996 Cup Car?

I'm not a pro on these cars by any means. Someone who wants to go Cup racing (IMSA GT3 Cup) asked me to find a place to rent them. Location isn't really important right now. Trying to figure out budgeting and the right group to work with.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 961 Likes on 456 Posts

I dont know if they do, but they most likely know how to go about it

Synergy Racing in VA... TRG may be able to help as well...I KNOW they do arrive and drives in 997s atleast.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:20 PM
Sean F
NASA Racer
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Rick DeMan has a cup car that he rents.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:29 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

So does Glen....
Old 10-19-2007, 03:29 AM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

look at the entrants, as opposed to the drivers. The entrants would be happy to rent cars out to appropriate people. However, I am puzzled by your use of the term 'pro' racing, as far as I can tell, the IMSA GT3 Cup discourages 'pro' racers. If you want pro racing in 997 GT3s, then the Supercup is your goal. The teams there all rent cars to punters, but they should be very competent.

R+C
Old 10-20-2007, 11:22 AM
chrisp
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The "pro" in "I'm not a pro" was in reference to me not knowing a lot about these cars so I need advice from you guys.

Actually I am looking for more than 1 car so a bigger place like Farnbacher, TRG, Kelly Moss might be the right option.

I picked 996 because as I understand it they do not have the sequential gearbox and they are easier for first time Cup Car drivers. Opinions?
Old 10-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Nordschleife
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chrisp
The "pro" in "I'm not a pro" was in reference to me not knowing a lot about these cars so I need advice from you guys.

Actually I am looking for more than 1 car so a bigger place like Farnbacher, TRG, Kelly Moss might be the right option.

I picked 996 because as I understand it they do not have the sequential gearbox and they are easier for first time Cup Car drivers. Opinions?
If you are serious about this, and I assume you are if you are looking for two or more cars, I guess you want to be running as close as possible to the front.

Front running means a preference for the 997. The biggest problem for a new driver will be the lack of ABS and subtle control of the throttle. However, private practice will get you up to speed with the car, the gearbox and the braking system. Guys like WH are happy to coach.

If going tfor multipe cars, then you can let the mjor entrants make you proposals, be sure to have some experienced advice before agreeing anything. make sure you casn live with the outfitr you select.

R+C

Quick Reply: Who rents 996 Cup Car?