Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Clutch replacement - any other parts I should order?

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2024, 09:38 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts
Default Clutch replacement - any other parts I should order?

My clutch has started slipping when cold in 3rd and 4th gear so I am planning on replacing it soon.
Aside from the clutch unit itself (9911160019A), and the 8x bolts and spacers (90006707302, N 0122418), is there any other items you guys would suggest I proactively plan on replace while in there? Gearbox itself was rebuilt not long ago and aside from sporadic clutch slipping when cold, everything is operating well.
Old 08-27-2024, 07:25 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 156 Likes on 77 Posts

Consider replacing the slave assembly if the date on it is more than 3 years old. We have had several that start to leak around that age. If the slave is ok, check the release bearing on the plunger and make sure it spins smooth.

The clutch basket fingers are probably worn beyond spec if the clutch is old enough to be slipping so I would replace the entire clutch assembly with the basket/cover and all new plates.

The following users liked this post:
carbondan (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 12:34 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by coryf
Consider replacing the slave assembly if the date on it is more than 3 years old. We have had several that start to leak around that age. If the slave is ok, check the release bearing on the plunger and make sure it spins smooth.

The clutch basket fingers are probably worn beyond spec if the clutch is old enough to be slipping so I would replace the entire clutch assembly with the basket/cover and all new plates.
Many thanks as always, will do both the slave and the full assembly, thanks again!
Old 08-27-2024, 01:17 PM
JRoman21
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

My slave went recently (45 hrs) and while in there, I replaced the clutch as well. So i would def concur on purchasing a slave too especially if you dont know its history.
carbondan (08-27-2024)
Old 08-27-2024, 02:43 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 170 Likes on 125 Posts

This is great advice. We have had folks that want to buy and just replace the clutch plates and not the intermediate plates or the basket.

Replacing the screws is good practice, but they are not stretch bolts like the flywheel has on it, so they are not one-time use screws.

Thanks

Ed

https://www.goodaero.com/
Race Designed Aerodynamics

https://racingtirewarmers.com/
Win more races with tire warmers

Great products for racers by racers

ed@demonspeed.com

Demon Speed Motorsports is a proud sponsor of PCA and the Club Racing Program

carbondan (08-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Clutch replacement - any other parts I should order?