Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

997.2 In Tank Fuel Pumps (Low Pressure Pumps)

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2024, 08:34 PM
J5isalive2
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
Default 997.2 In Tank Fuel Pumps (Low Pressure Pumps)

Hey Guys,

Friday I had a track day cut short; mid day the car acted like it was out of fuel. Upon further inspection it appears that the transfer pumps within the fuel cell stopped working. They are getting 12v of power, none are turning on. So that leaves me with a question:
I wonder how many have been working, potentially the car had been working with only 1 or 2 pumps filling the reservoir, or maybe just 1? found it odd they are all dead, but certainly explains the issue encountered. I have a receipt from the purchase of the car that shows the Fuel Cell and Lift Pumps all being replaced in 2022; things fail I suppose.

Well, I got the fuel cell open and took out all 4 transfer pumps, the fuel cells foam is perfect, and the cell is clear of any debris, low pressure pump filters were clean of any debris. Connected each pump to 12v's and couldn't get any of the pumps to turn on. I think they are dead. (The cars main pump and reserve pump work as expected, however with no pumps filling the reservoir the car runs out of gas).

Does anyone have a place to get these low pressure pumps? I'd like drop in replacements to utilize the AN lines and Electrical Connectors. I will start making phone calls tomorrow but if anyone has a starting point for me i'll go from there.

Thanks for the help!

Old 06-25-2024, 06:33 PM
J5isalive2
Intermediate

If anyone was wondering the above pumps were discontinued 4 years ago.

With the help of a distributor for Premier they were able to source 4 new pumps that will be plug and play with the 6an, and Bosch connector on the pump.

Thanks
Old 07-14-2024, 11:03 PM
ORBIT
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Intank fuel pumps

I keep these fuel pumps in stock if anybody needs some in the future.
Rodger@orbitracing.com
Old 07-15-2024, 09:28 AM
J5isalive2
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ORBIT
I keep these fuel pumps in stock if anybody needs some in the future.
Rodger@orbitracing.com
Sweet! good to know... also good to have the contact for parts needs for next time.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 997.2 In Tank Fuel Pumps (Low Pressure Pumps)