GT3 Cup Uprights purchased new with incorrect measurements

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2024, 10:24 PM
Peter John
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default GT3 Cup Uprights purchased new with incorrect measurements

Hi all,

I purchased new GT3 Cup wing uprights for a 996 standard height from a well known seller and well, what I received are incorrect and seller denies that they supplied them to me.

I’m lost for words to be honest. The dealings that I have had are via email where I supplied measurements and drawings, as did seller, and the conclusion is that a manufacturing error has resulted in the curve in the aluminium shape is incorrect, being more shallow and not allowing full tilt, and 2 holes being missing, 12 adjustment holes there should be and only 10 exist.

The sellers reply was immediately on a back foot to deny all responsibility. After they sent their drawings of what the uprights should be, it revealed what was received wasn’t true or accurate.

The seller doesn’t deny selling me uprights, but claims the items I have he did not supply me.

I truly am lost as to why I’m experiencing such poor customer service.

In the numerous emails, the seller goes on to suggest I trace the wing and cut or trim myself, well I may as well start with a blank piece of plate aluminium and make some from scratch with a grinder!

The seller went on to add that they no longer sell standard height uprights due to low volume of sales, despite still being available on their webpage, and also noted if they were to make a new set for me they would cost $700 usd plus $300 for powdercoat, then shipping to Australia.

What would you do if you were in my shoes??

I bought a product that isn’t correct- a manufacturer fault. I think it’s utterly disgusting how the seller has treated me, dusting their hands of it. I couldn’t act this way in business myself. It’s cowardly, it’s numerous other descriptives.

Last edited by Peter John; 06-18-2024 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-19-2024, 07:35 AM
Daniel Angus
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Damn!

Im not much help on the content of your email but I do have genuine 996.2 Cup car wing uprights in the garage.

They would need to be re painted or powder coated but, if you pay for the shipping, you can have them for free. The bonus is that I live in NZ so hopefully easier than anything from europe way.

The following users liked this post:
Hotsaucepancakes (06-20-2024)
Old 06-19-2024, 08:14 AM
Peter John
Track Day

That’s extremely kind of you I’ll send you a dm
Old 06-19-2024, 08:30 AM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 168 Likes on 123 Posts

Guys,

Happy to call myself out on this one.

Peter purchased a set of wing uprights from Demon Speed in March of 2023, so over a year ago. He contacted us a month ago with the issue that the wing uprights did not allow him to take his wing to full flat.

I had asked for pictures and measurements of both the wing and the uprights, which were provided.

Based on the measurements that he had provided, the wing uprights are not the wing uprights that we manufacture. There is no way that the uprights were something that we made. Secondly, the wing, based on his measurements is not a standard cup wing. It has more camber so it needs a set of uprights with a deeper cutout than a standard. (Again, based on his measurements)

What was explained to Peter is that if we were to send him another set of wing uprights, they still would not work. He would need a set of custom wing uprights to make his project work (since the wing is not standard). Because of the cost in making a single set of wing uprights and not including the design time, our water jet and powder coater would charge us about $700 to make a single set of uprights like he is wanting. Then, shipping to Australia is over the top expensive.

What I had offered is that if he is able to give me more dimensions on the wing (trace out the lower mount) and sent it to us, then we would create a wing upright profile for the top of the upright that would work for him. He could use this as a template and trim out what would cause the interference.

I am very happy to stand behind our product, even a year after the sale. This, however, is clearly not our product, but I am still willing and happy to help Peter out even after the very nasty emails he has been sending.

I am also not thrilled about working this out in a court of public opinion, but I guess, here we are.

Thanks
Ed

https://www.goodaero.com/
Race Designed Aerodynamics

https://racingtirewarmers.com/
Win more races with tire warmers

Great products for racers by racers

ed@demonspeed.com

Demon Speed Motorsports is a proud sponsor of PCA and the Club Racing Program

Old 06-19-2024, 08:47 AM
Peter John
Track Day

Last edited by Peter John; 06-19-2024 at 08:51 AM.
Old 06-19-2024, 05:22 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Last edited by bgiere; 06-19-2024 at 07:45 PM. Reason: deleted

Quick Reply: GT3 Cup Uprights purchased new with incorrect measurements