Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

991 Cup Bosch M4 ABS -> T/C Code Thru Bosch?

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2024, 01:07 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts
Default 991 Cup Bosch M4 ABS -> T/C Code Thru Bosch?

Hi Guys,
I just purchased a 2015 991.1 Cup with Bosch M4 ABS installed. The car is going to be used for rentals (non-sanctioned events) & coaching so I am looking into T/C & ESP (Stability Control) options. I have been told that the Bosch M4 ABS is capable of adding T/C via a simple software code through Bosch, for a fee of course.

Can anyone confirm this to be true?

If not, I have a few other options I am considering but curious if anyone else is running anything like this they can recommend.

HINZ MOTORSPORT
Race Parts & Accessories for your PORSCHE
www.HinzMotorsport.com
Call: 414-212-5679
Email: rick@hinzmotorsport.com

Last edited by Hinz Motorsport; 02-19-2024 at 06:06 PM.
Old 02-19-2024, 02:35 PM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by Hinz Motorsport
Hi Guys,
I just purchased a 2015 991.1 Cup with Bosch M4 ABS installed. The car is going to be used for rentals (non-sanctioned events) & coaching so I am looking into T/C & ESP (Stability Control) options. I have been told that the Bosch M4 ABS is capable of adding T/C via a simple software code through Bosch, for a fee of course. Apparently, it cuts the throttle, applies brakes, and essentially keeps the car going straight assuming the tires are warm.

Can anyone confirm this to be true?

If not, I have a few other options I am considering but curious if anyone else is running anything like this they can recommend.
ABS M4 or M5 is not communicating with the engine ECU in any way. That makes throttle intervention impossible.

If this is possible it‘s not going to be an easy task since you‘d need to get the ECU to communicate to the ABS unit and vice versa.

Old 02-19-2024, 02:44 PM
Hinz Motorsport
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 324 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Yannick-HST
ABS M4 or M5 is not communicating with the engine ECU in any way. That makes throttle intervention impossible.

If this is possible it‘s not going to be an easy task since you‘d need to get the ECU to communicate to the ABS unit and vice versa.
Ok, thank you. That was my understanding as well but the tech who told me this has said he has been doing this for years. Perhaps he is wrong on the throttle intervention component.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:07 PM
Daytona4RS
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I believe that is an aftermarket solution that uses the BMW MK60e5 ABS with integrated ESP, but that is not a Bosch setup.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:48 PM
Racecarsforyou
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

There is a german system called RaceABS.. they are super hard to get ahold of but they offer an ABS / TC kit that is based off the bosch unit rather than the Tevas unit....

The Manthey M5 system does actually communicate through and with the ECU but still doesn't enable TC etc..

The stand alone M5 Units do not communicate with the ECU

Manthey offer a ABS / TC kit for their CUP MR's but havent made them available as an add on.

992 Cups how ever come with TC as part of the ECU, it is only able to activated once have installed the Manthey / Porsche ABS kit as it requires the accelerometer used by the ABS kit to make the TC work .. to get the TC working on the 992 it is just an " unlock code" purchasable from Motorsport. ..

The 992 ABS / TC system also works different than the 997 / 991 systems we are all so familiar with in a few ways..

1, There is only 1 kit available for these cars.. no aftermarket or generic kit is on offer. The kits available from PMNA / Manthey etc are exactly the same as the kits that come installed on cars from the factory
2, The hardware is only about half the cost of the kits.. the software unlock codes for the ABS / TC are about 50% of the cost of the kit and unlock features in the cars ECU. This makes transferring "kits" from car to car a little more difficult as you need the ecu or you need to purchase new ECU Codes for the new car the "kit" gets installed in. ( We have had a few clients buy used units for considerable $ amounts only to be dissapointed that they still require software codes.) PMNA pricing on ABS software code is $7950, PMNA pricing on the TC code is $2850....... The entire kit from PMNA including hardware is $26,407.

Watch our latest reel on Instagram:
http://www.instagram.com/racecarsforyou

Like & follow our Facebook page:
http://www.racecarsforyou.com

Quick Reply: 991 Cup Bosch M4 ABS -> T/C Code Thru Bosch?