Future Cup car

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2023, 03:41 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 809 Likes on 495 Posts

Originally Posted by Ecosse911
I have a name of a NorCal based outfit that have 911 cup experience. Open to any other suggestions of individuals or companies in NorCal that cater to novice training / introduction to a cup car
I have in a previous post recommend Jerry Woods’ shop. They can help you get the car inspected for your first event, recharge your fire bottle and also possibly recommend a coach with experience in earlier Cups. If you are completely new to slicks, you can start with Hoosier R7s.

https://www.jwemotorsports.com/

Before buying a new seat, you definitely need to sit in it. The seat inserts are cool, but the video makes it look much easier than what it really is. I have tried it once …..
Old 10-29-2023, 06:21 PM
Ted in Rochester
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

We just made a custom sear insert. As, Frank said, these are a lot of work and as much art as science. You have a choice regarding driver height…..you can make insert on top of seat bottom padding or take the factory seat bottom padding out and then make mold at a lower level. This can result in a1-2” driver height difference which affects visibility of front fenders and the bottom of your mirrors.

If you pursue an insert, do a search for chats on this subject.
Old 10-29-2023, 09:45 PM
Oddjob
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 53 Posts

I'd just try the OMP seat first before considering another seat, I would expect it to be much snugger with the 6 pt harness than the GT3RS seats.

Agree, no need for tire warmers.

When starting out in the car, I'd run the car on known fresh slicks. The cars are temperamental on old heat cycled tires, and you don't want that unknown when just getting started in the car.

Quick Reply: Future Cup car