Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Aftermarket brake bias control for 991.1 Cup?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2023, 09:22 PM
simon81
Track Day

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Question Aftermarket brake bias control for 991.1 Cup?

I have developed an issue with the brake bias **** where the potentiometer there seems to be debouncing a bit when trying to change brake bias. The symptom being some flakiness having the physical twist of the **** taking effect with the intended change, and reflected on the dash accordingly. It will just bounce around a bit when I try to action it, with one twist resulting in +0, +1, +2 change in bias and being inconsistent. I also notice it glitches a bit as well, namely flashing on the dash when going over bumps or curbs although that does not seem to trigger an actual brake bias change.

I saw an ad for the Monit Brake Bias dial and I was wondering if that could be a good upgrade here: https://www.monitmotorsport.com/brake-bias-dial/.

I was wondering if any of you had experience with this in your cars and specifically the 991.1 Cup? If so do know if this would be an effective mitigation of the problem I have?

Asking the Monit team about compatibility here's what they had to say (below). My read is that the **** would action the brake bias change but the display on the unit wouldn't get electronic feedback on what brake bias setting was specifically selected. I think that's fine as long as the ***** works and the display tracks relative number of "notches" from the "zero" / middle.
From what I understand, the dial you turn on the cup car still has a mechanical cable that actually turns the balance bar and makes the physical brake bias adjustment, the potentiometer is just there to record the movement. Is this isn't correct please let me know.

Our dial comes with a flexible shaft and balance bar connectors to connect to the balance bar. When you rotate our dial it will rotate the flexible shaft and turn the balance bar making the physical brake bias change in the same way the current **** does.

If you have a photo of the back of the current adjuster **** you have we could confirm if the cable is there or not. And possibly a photo of that cable connection to the ap racing balance bar at the pedals.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket brake bias control for 991.1 Cup?