Sponsored by:

991.1 Low Water Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2022, 06:04 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

And the saga continues...
Nearly 100% certain it's the pressure sensor. Ordered a new one today and should be a quick and easy swap. Will know by next week.
Basically on a cold startup, it will build pressure and report proper pressure just like normal as shown above. But after the system already has pressure in it, and your turn off and on the car again, it will constantly read 0.0 bar for pwat.
No air bubbles, water pump working (front radiators heat up, engine oil and water temps stay perfect), water level filled properly. So pretty clear cut and dry case of a faulty sensor.
Old 04-01-2022, 06:38 PM
koolm
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by carbondan
And the saga continues...
Nearly 100% certain it's the pressure sensor. Ordered a new one today and should be a quick and easy swap. Will know by next week.
Basically on a cold startup, it will build pressure and report proper pressure just like normal as shown above. But after the system already has pressure in it, and your turn off and on the car again, it will constantly read 0.0 bar for pwat.
No air bubbles, water pump working (front radiators heat up, engine oil and water temps stay perfect), water level filled properly. So pretty clear cut and dry case of a faulty sensor.
Mine also has a problem, when it's hot it reads false values, the value goes extremely up and down. But I never get a dash warning, did you? I can see the fault in bosch modas only, I can reset it but when the engine is warm it always returns.

I noticed a few races ago, never fixed it, forgot about it actually until today and even drove a couple of endurance races after that.

But yours is probably different as you have low water pressure?
Old 04-01-2022, 08:05 PM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

Ya I gives me the dash warning non stop. In your case, I'm guessing it doesn't give you the error because the requirements to display error are pressure <.35 bar for over 10 seconds so if yours reads >.35 bar even for a moment then it won't trigger the alarm.
I also found out that if you unplug the wire from the sensor it reads at 1.0 bar flat, and I'm guessing it should also prevent any alarms.
Got a new sensor arriving from PMNA tomorrow, should be a super easy swap. Then back to the track next Thurs to confirm all is well. More of a nuisance than anything at this point now that we know for certain it's not an actual issue like a faulty water pump.
The following users liked this post:
koolm (04-02-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 05:20 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Mine would alarm if it was less than 60 Degrees out and I didn't let it warm up completely in the paddock. Not saying this is the issue, just reminding everyone. You taped it up just like I would have in those ambient temps. Just reminding everyone to let it get nice and warm before you go out.
Old 04-08-2022, 12:35 AM
carbondan
Rennlist Member

New sensor installed, full track day today - all drama free. sensor resolved the issue!
Thanks for the help all

Quick Reply: 991.1 Low Water Pressure?