Sponsored by:

Caution: Fraud Alert: Porssche

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2021, 01:19 PM
twk63
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Caution: Fraud Alert: Porssche

I recently agreed to sell a GT3 Cup car cover to Porssche, a fellow Rennlister.

I sent him a Paypal request for payment. He told me that he can only pay a PayPal invoice, which I sent on March 27. The invoice was paid on March 29, after which I provided Porssche with the UPS tracking number. UPS tracking is scheduled to deliver the package on Tuesday, April 6th.

On April 4th (Easter Sunday), Porssche requested a refund from Paypal, which they processed. He waited until the package was already shipped before doing so.

I have PM'd him several times and he has not responded.

Porssche is a thief and a con man. be aware!
Old 04-05-2021, 02:09 PM
redmonkey928
Rennlist Member

Received 325 Likes on 230 Posts

Originally Posted by twk63
I recently agreed to sell a GT3 Cup car cover to Porssche, a fellow Rennlister.

I sent him a Paypal request for payment. He told me that he can only pay a PayPal invoice, which I sent on March 27. The invoice was paid on March 29, after which I provided Porssche with the UPS tracking number. UPS tracking is scheduled to deliver the package on Tuesday, April 6th.

On April 4th (Easter Sunday), Porssche requested a refund from Paypal, which they processed. He waited until the package was already shipped before doing so.

I have PM'd him several times and he has not responded.

Porssche is a thief and a con man. be aware!
Do a return to sender today through UPS as you are the shipper and can do so.
Old 04-05-2021, 02:25 PM
thuggo
Burning Brakes

Received 433 Likes on 227 Posts

Wait...how did Paypal process a refund when a valid? tracking number was issued?
Old 04-05-2021, 03:18 PM
wagongotya
Pro

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

you can update the shipment in transit...send her back home
Old 04-05-2021, 04:11 PM
twk63
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 55 Posts
Default Paypal

Originally Posted by thuggo
Wait...how did Paypal process a refund when a valid? tracking number was issued?
PayPal is claiming the refund request was made by me, which it wasn't. I assume my paypal account was hacked and I changed my password. I insisted I did not initiate anything and escalated the issue with Paypal.

I was successful in requesting an intercept of the shipment so at least I am getting my car cover back, and am only out of pocket $75.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:12 PM
996clubsport
Banned

Received 143 Likes on 88 Posts

Ya, I believe there are flaws in the invoice request. Which more likely than that exact person hacking your PayPal while finding your add on here and buying it from you. But now
days nothing would surprise me
Old 04-06-2021, 12:28 AM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by twk63
PayPal is claiming the refund request was made by me, which it wasn't. I assume my paypal account was hacked and I changed my password. I insisted I did not initiate anything and escalated the issue with Paypal.

I was successful in requesting an intercept of the shipment so at least I am getting my car cover back, and am only out of pocket $75.
hacking an account for $75 doesn't make sense. sounds like something wrong with paypal, PayPal got a lot of strange issues recently.

Follow us on Instagram: silverocket718 to stay updated on latest SR products in development.

Old 04-15-2021, 11:51 PM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

Please DM me your price. I'll wire you the money in advance!

Quick Reply: Caution: Fraud Alert: Porssche