Sponsored by:

FS: 2018 991.2 CUP | Carrera Cup Polesitter

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 11:12 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
Lightbulb FS: 2018 991.2 CUP | Carrera Cup Polesitter

The time has come to part with my Carrera Cup Asia car as I attempt a new challenge in 2021. Here's what's on offer:
  • Single-owner since new, campaigned exclusively in Porsche Carrera Cup Asia in 2018 & 2019
  • Rebuilt to top-notch condition and prepped for 2020 but ran zero hours due to COVID
  • Run and maintained to Supercup standards by Earl Bamber Motorsports in the most recent Carrera Cup season, during which car scored three Pro-AM poles and multiple podium finishes
  • Turnkey solution to anyone looking for a super well-developed car for IMSA or PCA/POC events in 2021
Hardware details:
  • MY2018
  • Chassis 32H
  • Engine 32H
  • Gearbox 6H
  • Shocks 0.5H (new & dyno-matched for 2020, 0.5 being shakedown hours)
  • Driveshafts 0.5H (ditto new from shakedown)
  • Brake master cylinders 0.5H (ditto)
  • Calipers rebuilt 0.5H (ditto)
  • Whole body respray 0.5H (ditto)
  • 3 sets of wheels, newly painted white (ditto)
  • Odometer 6,500km
ASKING: USD160,000 FOB Sepang Malaysia (where the official technical partner of Porsche Carrera Cup Asia resides)

Pretty confident you won't find another car with such combination of low mileage, fresh-from-rebuild status plus this level of engineering development. Those who know cup cars well, know that development work makes some cars a half to a whole-second faster than others. This car is sharp, even by SuperCup standards.

Spares package separately sold:
  • 5 sets of new rotors
  • 5 sets of new pads (pre-bedded ahead of season this March)
  • 1 set of new shocks (intended as season spares, also dyno-matched)
  • Spare wing, used
  • Front wheel carriers, pair
  • LCA bushings, new
  • Many many other radiator parts and paraphernalia
ASKING: USD15K for the whole lot, priority goes to car buyer

Pics as of March this year right after her rebuild, this is the same condition of the car today:

New livery applied right before lockdown... car has seen zero mileage since.

Finally, other stuff... Just to give the buyer some context:

I had full intention to campaign this car in PCCA 2020 and challenge the Pro-AM title. The rebuild and serious $$ investment in parts & prep says everything. When COVID came Porsche conveniently told us to move on to the 992.1 for PCCA 2021 without any solution to our old cars. It's a terribly raw deal for brand supporters and those who invested to help this official series succeed, but it is what it is--Porsche really doesn't give two ducks.

Those with the right channels will find other series cars coming out of PCCA, but there will not be a more sorted car, fair and square. I'm by no means a fast bronze but in this car I qualified ahead of numerous Pros to take Pro-AM pole, on multiple occasions. Really says something about this weapon.

Am quite bitter that Porsche in our part of the world has imposed the 992 situation on top of its racing customers, but that's a different matter for a different discussion. My loss in the use of this 991 is somebody else's gain.

PM me for additional details--this car needs to go, as my career path will take me in a different direction in 2021. Happy to work out something to enable the next Am's racing career as this car has enabled mine...

Last edited by CRex; 11-27-2020 at 09:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
zip465 (11-16-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 01:37 PM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Great car being sold by a great owner!!!

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 11-18-2020, 11:49 AM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Except buying directly from car owner, I strongly suggest "don't buy any car from Earl Bamber Motorsport". I had very bad experience buying my 991.2 from EBM last year, EBM switched most parts for a top condition 991.2 ( pre-claimed only 10 hours since new). To make it clear, here is what I got for a "10 hours 991.2 cup", all 12 wheels are in very bad shape & without TPMS module(obviously those are from their 991.1 cars) , a bad P1300 seat which always stuck(at least 3years+ worn), no side *central safety net, which suppose to be standard for PCCA... a gearbox which doesn't belong to this car according to PCCA log...

Follow us on Instagram: silverocket718 to stay updated on latest SR products in development.

Old 11-18-2020, 11:58 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kimbleli
Except buying directly from car owner, I strongly suggest "don't buy any car from Earl Bamber Motorsport". I had very bad experience buying my 991.2 from EBM last year, EBM switched most parts for a top condition 991.2 ( pre-claimed only 10 hours since new). To make it clear, here is what I got for a "10 hours 991.2 cup", all 12 wheels are in very bad shape & without TPMS module(obviously those are from their 991.1 cars) , a bad P1300 seat which always stuck(at least 3years+ worn), no side *central safety net, which suppose to be standard for PCCA... a gearbox which doesn't belong to this car according to PCCA log...
I am the owner of the car since new. This is not an EBM car--the team maintained it in the 2019 season and that's all. I'd (or any serious bronze) would go nuclear if they so much as tried anything close to your allegations.

Have you spoken with the team principals? I think Earl and Will would care about the accusations you're levying against them. I also believe they will be in Carrera Cup US 2021 and should care to address reputation issues if merited. Feel free to PM me if you want an intro to the key people there. So you know my plans in 2021 does not involve this team.

Last edited by CRex; 11-19-2020 at 03:12 AM.
Old 11-19-2020, 04:21 AM
Kimbleli
Platinum Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 76 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
I am the owner of the car since new. This is not an EBM car--the team maintained it in the 2019 season and that's all. I'd (or any serious bronze) would go nuclear if they so much as tried anything close to your allegations.

Have you spoken with the team principals? I think Earl and Will would care about the accusations you're levying against them. I also believe they will be in Carrera Cup US 2021 and should care to address reputation issues if merited. Feel free to PM me if you want an intro to the key people there. So you know my plans in 2021 does not involve this team.
Will is the person who sold me this 10 hours' car. Don't want to do any business with them again. No offense to your selling post, that's why I made it clear that buying from direct owner is the perfect way to buy a 991.2 cup car.
Old 11-19-2020, 08:58 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Kimbleli
Will is the person who sold me this 10 hours' car. Don't want to do any business with them again. No offense to your selling post, that's why I made it clear that buying from direct owner is the perfect way to buy a 991.2 cup car.
I'll put you in touch with the right person if you're keen to sort this out. I have no background and context to this, and in fact don't even know they had sold their 991, but I wouldn't want to see a fellow RLer being done disservice by an outfit I know to be better than this.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:35 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Bringing the thread back on track... PRICE REDUCED... Call it Black Friday Sale...
Old 11-30-2020, 11:45 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

CAR SOLD to a good guy. May this bring him lots of success and good memories!

Thank you everyone--very much looking forward to the next stage of my racing career in 2021!!

Last edited by CRex; 12-02-2020 at 10:49 PM.

Quick Reply: FS: 2018 991.2 CUP | Carrera Cup Polesitter