Water Circuit Aluminum Connections - Sobek Water Flush

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2020, 12:12 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Default Water Circuit Aluminum Connections - Sobek Water Flush

So I recently acquired a Sobek Water Flush system that has the aluminum fittings for connection to the coolant system on the car. The fittings appear on the Sobek unit seem to be Staubli RMI/EA quick connects (socket and hose stem) which, of course, are different from the non-metal connectors fitted on the 996 Cups. I found some of the Staubli RMI/EA socket/hose stem connectors on the HRP site (https://www.hrpworld.com/sta-n001710...orsche-99.html), but it does appear that there is a bulkhead mount for these RMI/EA connectors as there is for the non-metal connectors found on the 996 Cups.

Does anyone know if the HRP connectors would work even though they are non-bulkhead connectors? I know I can zip-tie the assembly to the mounting bracket, but I would certainly prefer an aluminum bulkhead-based socket connector such as that non-metal one found on the 996 Cups. I did check Ed's Demonspeed site, but as best as I can tell, they only offer the non-metal connectors on the site.

Since I now have to replace a front radiator, I want to go ahead and add the proper aluminum connectors that match what is on the Sobek unit if possible. Worst case is I retrofit the non-metal plug and socket connectors to my Sobek unit.

Any suggestions or comments?? Thanks,

Toby
Old 03-14-2020, 12:27 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 95 Posts
Default And just in case - Waterpick/Waterfill for Sale?

And while I'm at it, I might as well ask if anyone has a 9L Sobek Waterfill setup they want to sell? Pretty simple system - aluminum container that can be pressurized to 4 Bar with a hose and CPC or Staubli connector on the other end. I say pretty simple, but I know that like anything else related to a Cup Car, the prices tend to be HUGE!!! Just asking before Is it down and call Jack at Cup Car Solutions! Thanks,

Toby

Quick Reply: Water Circuit Aluminum Connections - Sobek Water Flush