Sponsored by:

Rennsport Reunion Group 7 Video

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2018, 09:40 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 84 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Rennsport Reunion Group 7 Video

Posted this over in the racing forum, but figured it belongs over in cup car land since it was all "cup" type cars.

This is the qualifying race from Saturday. I'll post more as I edit. Sorry for the shakey camera - mount came a little loose.

Old 10-03-2018, 10:06 PM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

What's up with the RSR and Yellow Cup passing you under full course yellow?
RRVI was great. Looks like you had a gas. I was on waitlist for Sholar-Friedman Cup. Maybe next year.
My crew had P1 and P2 in your race.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:24 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by neuroguru
What's up with the RSR and Yellow Cup passing you under full course yellow?
RRVI was great. Looks like you had a gas. I was on waitlist for Sholar-Friedman Cup. Maybe next year.
My crew had P1 and P2 in your race.
I don't know what was the deal with those passes under yellow. I complained to the stewards, who basically acted like I was crazy and said no corner workers reported it. When I said, "would you like to see the video" of all of a sudden they had a big change in attitude. I think they gave them a warning.

It was an awesome time for sure. Real treat to be on the track with some of those cars and I really like driving around the pros. It was a fun group, but the huge speed differential from top to bottom made it a little hectic sometimes. Everything from 964s running like 1:50 to Bergmeister doing 1:25! So I had to watch my mirrors while dealing with some of the slower traffic as well.
Old 10-04-2018, 12:51 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 203 Posts

Awesome, thanks for sharing. The closest I could get to this event given I am in Australia was streaming it on Motor Trend's YouTube channel, but it's great to see it from another perspective. Your livery looks wicked on TV too.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:12 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spiller
Awesome, thanks for sharing. The closest I could get to this event given I am in Australia was streaming it on Motor Trend's YouTube channel, but it's great to see it from another perspective. Your livery looks wicked on TV too.
That's awesome! I didn't realize it was streaming.

Here is some video from Sunday's warm up chasing Kevin Roush in the old TRG car:

Old 10-04-2018, 01:17 AM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 332 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
That's awesome! I didn't realize it was streaming.

Here is some video from Sunday's warm up chasing Kevin Roush in the old TRG car:

https://youtu.be/Lv7sxxqLPjM
If you search Rennsport in YT you'll find all three days, about 8 -9 hours of footage in total. The coverage was very good, although the commentary made it seem like the racing was "demonstrative". Your in-car paints a different picture!
Old 10-04-2018, 07:05 PM
chfrank
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clay, I wish I have video from my last session. This is great, you were awesome and kept the Pros like Kevin honest. I can see where I need to gain speed, mid-corner and exist are where I am lacking, in many of the turns I was up 1 gear from you and that really hurt in 5 and 6. Thanks for the advice and introduction to your wonderful family. By the way, how did the Michelins compare to the Pirellis?
-Chris
Old 10-04-2018, 10:34 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by spiller
If you search Rennsport in YT you'll find all three days, about 8 -9 hours of footage in total. The coverage was very good, although the commentary made it seem like the racing was "demonstrative". Your in-car paints a different picture!
That is pretty sweet. Watched a bit - really good coverage!

Originally Posted by chfrank
Clay, I wish I have video from my last session. This is great, you were awesome and kept the Pros like Kevin honest. I can see where I need to gain speed, mid-corner and exist are where I am lacking, in many of the turns I was up 1 gear from you and that really hurt in 5 and 6. Thanks for the advice and introduction to your wonderful family. By the way, how did the Michelins compare to the Pirellis?
-Chris
Thanks Chris. Good to see you again too. Your car looks beautiful! The Michelins were good. Overall I would say similar to the Pirellis, but maybe a little more consistent throughout a session than the Pirellis. I had a set of S8s and a set of the "Cup N2s" - both felt really good in the rear. The S8s were much better in the front. I put 3 cycles on the S8s with no noticeable drop off in grip and times within a few tenths in each session. The N2s had understeer but I was able to run similar lap times. I put 2 cycles on the N2s, and the front end just never came in on the second cycle. I think I may have over driven the front on the first cycle when they were cold or something. I will not get the N2s again, and will go with S8s.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:27 PM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I made a point of watching you guys every time you were out. Fantastic driving-what a thrill to watch. Thanks for the in car video-even better!!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:00 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
I made a point of watching you guys every time you were out. Fantastic driving-what a thrill to watch. Thanks for the in car video-even better!!
Thanks! It was a fun race. Here is the main race from Sunday. I had a pretty bad head cold and kind of stopped pushing after about 15 minutes, but still had a great time.
Old 10-06-2018, 02:00 PM
awelch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the GT2 Evo ahead of you for all of one lap, car had a nasty push until the fronts came in. Damn that was a close call on that first lap spin, good avoidance
Old 10-06-2018, 10:55 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by awelch
I was in the GT2 Evo ahead of you for all of one lap, car had a nasty push until the fronts came in. Damn that was a close call on that first lap spin, good avoidance
Loved your GT2! Awesome car. Looked like a handful. I couldn't get my fronts to come in on Sunday, but Saturday was OK. I don't know what it is with backward facing cars this year...but earlier in the year my E36 M3 got hit from a guy coming on the track facing head on right in front of me. It was like bad deja vu - but with a way better result this time!
Old 10-08-2018, 03:21 AM
neuroguru
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
I don't know what was the deal with those passes under yellow. I complained to the stewards, who basically acted like I was crazy and said no corner workers reported it. When I said, "would you like to see the video" of all of a sudden they had a big change in attitude. I think they gave them a warning.

It was an awesome time for sure. Real treat to be on the track with some of those cars and I really like driving around the pros. It was a fun group, but the huge speed differential from top to bottom made it a little hectic sometimes. Everything from 964s running like 1:50 to Bergmeister doing 1:25! So I had to watch my mirrors while dealing with some of the slower traffic as well.
Nice driving and thanks for posting the vids. Must have felt like Le Mans out there with the speed differentials!
Old 10-08-2018, 05:37 AM
mitch312
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great Clay, thanks for posting the videos. Hope all well
Old 10-08-2018, 07:35 AM
KMR RSR 001
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Clay we have tested the different Michelin compounds on my car and found the best to be S7 front with S8 rear for sprint races and S8 front with S9 rear for the enduros. The difference in the compounds front and rear seems to provide the best balance. At Road America a few weeks ago we used the "new" N2 and blistered the rears in 45 mins. Unfortunately the S7 is no longer available, so our best option now is the S8 front with S9 rear which seem to be readily available in the US.

Quick Reply: Rennsport Reunion Group 7 Video