Sponsored by:

cosworth toolset update question

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 04:01 PM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default cosworth toolset update question

so, PMRSI bulletin sent to update to the latest toolset config. it required updating the toolset app to v 6, which i did. a couple other small steps to get reconnected, which i did.
all smooth.
PMNA posted a new .Toolset setup file that i guess corrected a few things.
the particular file i load is the one specific for the abs kit from pnna.
anyway, i load it. and then they use what they call LOOKUP tables where you set the values for the circumferences of the front and rear slicks, and F&R rains.
they give you basically a table wher eyou put in the value for the front slick diameters and as well front rains.
then there another table for the rears, you put in slick rears and rain rears.
thats how it used to be ...2 tables, and just one column. if you swapped from tire brands ie michelin to pirelli, you'd go in an dput in the new/different values. reload it and set.
the cosworth sends those values i presume to the abs unit so the abs knows wheel size and the car knows wheel speed. etc
so that all was solid, no issues.

so now i update the toolset to v6 and load the new setup file, and now they have the two tables (one for fronts one for rears) but now the tables have multiple columns where you can put in the various sizes, so like column 1 could be micheline fronts, column 2 could be pirelli, column 3 could be whatever.
you do the same fo rthe second table
but nowhere is there an optio for which column to use, to select, which one gets loaded by the system and passed along as the current, selected tire.
i looked al throughout, and the new toolset config doesnt let you use the dash or alarm buttons to select one of the columns.
so i just made all 4 columns, the michelin sizes since i use michelins.
but im wondering if , if one puts in the 4 different possible sizes if there is also a place that says "we're using michelin, use all the values from the front and rear tables, but use column 1 as thats micehelin). and then if i opted to run imsa, you'd select column 2 if those values were there for the yokes.

strange because i dont see an option to switch or select any dynamically, via any buttons or even in the software config iteself. if there were a dropdown called "tire column to load" and you select ie 4, then colum 4 values load.
but no such options or drop down exists.

probably low probability anyone would know if you dont have a 991 with that version of toolset, havent updated, but i figured id ask.
since i dont change tires, as a safeguard, ill just put my sizes in all 4 columns. but maybe one of your gurus knows whats what.

anyway,
Old 08-31-2018, 08:20 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thats interesting. Just about to get there in a week or so. Will be good to know the answer. Wish I could help.
Old 09-01-2018, 08:45 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

Careful there. Toolset is just the dash & data analysis side of things. If you change wheel diameters you'll need Bosch Racecon to update so ABS works properly.

We're not allowed ABS over here (and hope they remain the same) sorry can't be more helpful with specifics...
Old 09-01-2018, 09:41 AM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,742 Likes on 921 Posts

Quick Reply: cosworth toolset update question