Sponsored by:

Cosworth Data Expert

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2018, 10:27 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Cosworth Data Expert

I'm looking for someone in the Northeast / Mid Atlantic area who can spend a day at the shop that handles the maintenance on my 991 Cup to teach me the key nuances of extracting data from the Cosworth system. Time, travel and all expenses will be covered. Please send a note at joemansfield63@yahoo.com.
Old 07-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I used the data guy from Alegra here locally to train us at the shop. Best money we ever spent. Did a couple more sessions at events with the Cosworth guys and have become pretty capable with it. Good luck. You are doing the right thing.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:53 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

You have a PM
Old 07-13-2018, 02:24 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

Pm sent as well
Old 07-14-2018, 01:10 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts

keep us posted on who you find to be pretty good with that stuff
Old 07-14-2018, 06:43 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

here is the system solution i have:. i bought a motec L120 blind logger with gps. sits tight and out of the way in the passenger area on the trans tunnel. they built me a connect to go into a harness pigtail behind the center console. i use the c125 dash manaer, the motec dash manager we've known all these years. motec joe gave me a config. it records all my data in well known motec format. i then load it I2 pro and can review like i have for the past 10,12 years. the gps module is standard motec, its a database of tracks. you select the one, you load your config and you go. its really for just data analysis, thats all. super easy, worked flawlessly the last 2 times i had it out.

then, there is a pigtail that has a small green autosport connector from the motec harness that i connect to the cosworth lap receiver beacon. that receiver inside the car has a small green connector as well. i disconnect the cosworth harness from the cosworth receiver, and i connect the cosworth harness to the motec harness. and now when i hit the gps/lap point, it sends the blink/lap/start finish to the cowsorth system. it fakes like a track side beam was tripped. and now i also have laptiming on the cosworth dash.

ive figured out how to use the cosworth toolbox to load up the setup, clear the lap counter, and then select the fastest data file in the Qualifying mode, it shows me all the laps in the data file i selected, and i can then select the one i want to use as a reference lap...and there is an option to hereafter 'auto learn' the next fastest lap at that track. i do one session, get a reference lap. offload the data using toolset, and then use toolset to re-select that data file i just offloaded, pick the lap i want t o use as areference. and write it to device and done.
after that, the laptiming/forecasting/qually mode worked flawlessly, and the l120 integrated perfect, and then i go to the traielr and use motec..
and frankly it was near blissful.

i spent 2 hours trying to use TOOLBOX, i can look at some bare stuf but its like one of those swingset you buy and has no instructions and not enough bolts and nuts. frustrating.
if i were to do it again, id spend the 700 more and get a c125 color dash, its like a 3kish all-in expense. not cheap, but away goes the frustration.a nd you can resell the c125 later for 60 cents on the dollar.

Quick Reply: Cosworth Data Expert