Notices
987 Forum Discussion about the Cayman/Boxster variants (2004-2012)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Breaking in the new avatar

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 11:18 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 41 Posts
Default Breaking in the new avatar

Sort of new to this part of RL.

Thought I would update my avatar.

Been driving an interseries, only seems appropriate

Just curious if there are any other interseries cars out there here on RL
Old 04-30-2013, 04:46 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

I started driving a Cayman R 4 days ago.
So far I have installed. JRZ 3-way suspension, seats, IPD plenum and engine remap, cargraphic race exhaust.

Still need to install, gt3 control arms, toe links, lighter wheels, wing and hoosiers, agressive track alignment and get the driver to lose 15 lbs ..

Nice looking car you got.
Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Great looking car, stujelly. Congratulations

Do those cars run a different ABS and stability control than the street cars? I'd imagine you have to (or drop it entirely) to run at places like Daytona.

Love my CR, but the nannies still drive me crazy!
Old 04-30-2013, 08:09 PM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
I started driving a Cayman R 4 days ago.
So far I have installed. JRZ 3-way suspension, seats, IPD plenum and engine remap, cargraphic race exhaust.

Still need to install, gt3 control arms, toe links, lighter wheels, wing and hoosiers, agressive track alignment and get the driver to lose 15 lbs ..

Nice looking car you got.
Your car sounds awesome and is probably faster than the cayman interseries cars. I would look at the pirelli pzero slick in lieu of the hoosier R6. Only maybe 100 buck more and you will get at least 5 more heat cycles out of them, or basicaly another day. The pzero will heat cycle out before you cord it, depending upon alignment.

Originally Posted by stevecolletti
Great looking car, stujelly. Congratulations
Thank you so much. It is a blast to drive.

Do those cars run a different ABS and stability control than the street cars? I'd imagine you have to (or drop it entirely) to run at places like Daytona.

Love my CR, but the nannies still drive me crazy!
The builder of the car, Napelton Porsche, has a different program for abs and traction control. There is a toggle switch and I get race mode, which feels like nothing but ABS, and rain mode, which I have not had to try yet.

Great cars and I am excited to have it and learn more about it from everyone here.

Hope I can be of help as well.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:11 PM
stevecolletti
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stujelly
Your car sounds awesome and is probably faster than the cayman interseries cars. I would look at the pirelli pzero slick in lieu of the hoosier R6. Only maybe 100 buck more and you will get at least 5 more heat cycles out of them, or basicaly another day. The pzero will heat cycle out before you cord it, depending upon alignment.

The builder of the car, Napelton Porsche, has a different program for abs and traction control. There is a toggle switch and I get race mode, which feels like nothing but ABS, and rain mode, which I have not had to try yet.

Great cars and I am excited to have it and learn more about it from everyone here.

Hope I can be of help as well.
Thank you!
Enjoy her.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:28 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 139 Posts

Stujelly,

Thanks for the kind words. I am interested in whether your wing is fabricated specially for the interseries or is there a vendor out there for that particular wing?
Old 05-01-2013, 12:56 AM
stujelly
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GentlemanRacer
Stujelly,

Thanks for the kind words. I am interested in whether your wing is fabricated specially for the interseries or is there a vendor out there for that particular wing?
Call napelton and ask for Joe. I am not sure if there is a vendor out there or if they fab themselves.

For DE, I was thinking of using the ITC uprights so I can see better out the back.

Quick Reply: Breaking in the new avatar