2017 Cayenne Lease Deals

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 05:51 PM
997nut
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Cayenne Lease Deals

Hi All,

It's been some time since I have commented on here since my last P-Car was a 2002 911. I'm currently looking into the 2017 Cayenne Platinum and am going through the typical Buy vs Lease debate in my mind. I have always preferred to buy in the past since I tend to own my cars for 5 or so years and don't like being limited on miles. But I am considering the benefits of a lease since there are some aggressive lease options being presented on the 2017 Cayenne since the new body is supposed to be available at the end of 2018. So here are some questions to ask you folks to make sure I don't get taken:

1. Is an 8k discount on the retail price of a Platinum Cayenne decent or is there more room for a discount to go for? I'm in So Cal.

2. Does anyone know the residual value of the Cayenne Base and/or Cayenne Platinum? Meaning, how do I calculate what the buy out price of the car would be at the end of a 3 year lease on a 72k car discounted to 64k. Buying the car after my lease term may be an option.

3. Would you buy a 2017 Cayenne or is it a mistake since the value will take a hard hit once the new Cayenne is released?

Thank you in advance!
Old 04-25-2017, 09:11 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,143 Likes on 759 Posts

1. Sounds reasonable.

2. Nope - but the dealer can tell you exactly what the buyout will be. That's the residual value. They really couldn't calculate a lease if they didn't know that number.

3. You're not "buying" it - you're talking about leasing it. If you lease it and the price takes a dump - give it back to them. If the price holds against the buyout price - buy it out. Simple.

And I'd expect the new one to be available at the beginning of the 2018 model year in the US - not the end. So - maybe 6 months from now.

BTW - we have a specific forum JUST for the 958 (current) series Cayenne. You can find it right at: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-242/
Old 04-25-2017, 09:20 PM
997nut
Intermediate

Originally Posted by deilenberger
1. Sounds reasonable.

2. Nope - but the dealer can tell you exactly what the buyout will be. That's the residual value. They really couldn't calculate a lease if they didn't know that number.

3. You're not "buying" it - you're talking about leasing it. If you lease it and the price takes a dump - give it back to them. If the price holds against the buyout price - buy it out. Simple.

And I'd expect the new one to be available at the beginning of the 2018 model year in the US - not the end. So - maybe 6 months from now.

BTW - we have a specific forum JUST for the 958 (current) series Cayenne. You can find it right at: https://rennlist.com/forums/cayenne-958-242/
Thank you for the quick response. Leasing with the option of buying does sound fair. I thought the new models weren't going to hit dealerships till the end of 2018. That does change things slightly. I appreciate the redirect to the newer Cayenne arena.
Old 04-27-2017, 02:12 AM
phatz
Burning Brakes

Received 167 Likes on 130 Posts

Nut

You need to be here
https://forum.leasehackr.com/c/ask-the-hackrs
Old 04-27-2017, 01:31 PM
997nut
Intermediate

Great resource on leasehackr. I was looking for a website like this. Thank you!

Quick Reply: 2017 Cayenne Lease Deals