Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Cayenne subwoofer ideas for 958?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2017, 02:24 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Cayenne subwoofer ideas for 958?

Has anyone tried installing a subwoofer in their 958? I'm thinking about removing the spare tire and putting it there. The 958 sounds good but I think it could sound better.
Old 04-23-2017, 06:08 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

Have you looked under your spare tire? Bose and Burmieser systems already have one there.. Dunno on the base audio system.

If you don't have 4 zone HVAC - there is space on the port side back area that people have utilized on the 955/957 cars for a subwoofer enclosure. Good place for it since it can use a grille - firing directly into the vehicle rather than having the sound go through the carpeted panel over the spare tire. If you have the 4-Zone, that's where the rear system lives.
Old 04-25-2017, 03:25 PM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Have you looked under your spare tire? Bose and Burmieser systems already have one there.. Dunno on the base audio system.

If you don't have 4 zone HVAC - there is space on the port side back area that people have utilized on the 955/957 cars for a subwoofer enclosure. Good place for it since it can use a grille - firing directly into the vehicle rather than having the sound go through the carpeted panel over the spare tire. If you have the 4-Zone, that's where the rear system lives.
i can't picture where that space is, can you take a photo of it and post it? I don't think I have 4 zone HVAC
Old 04-25-2017, 04:11 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by boxsternewbie
i can't picture where that space is, can you take a photo of it and post it? I don't think I have 4 zone HVAC
No - I can't. I have 4-zone HVAC. If you open the rear hatch, and stick your head in about 1 foot - then turn your head to the left and look at the panel under the port (drivers) side window - what do you see?
Old 04-28-2017, 01:17 AM
boxsternewbie
Racer

Originally Posted by deilenberger
No - I can't. I have 4-zone HVAC. If you open the rear hatch, and stick your head in about 1 foot - then turn your head to the left and look at the panel under the port (drivers) side window - what do you see?
you mean this teeny tiny area on the left? That's barely big enough for a roll of paper towls, no way a decent subwoofer could fit there.

Old 04-28-2017, 01:20 AM
boxsternewbie
Racer

so this is the subwoofer I have, some under powered bose subwoofer. Wonder if I could take it apart and put a better speaker in there and add a better amplifier?

Looks like a bandpass box so the design is good. Or maybe remove it and the tire entirely and use the entire space for a larger subwoofer?

Old 04-28-2017, 02:56 AM
GrandeOak
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The 955 has an enclosed compartment where your cubby with net is so its a little easier to hide a sub.

JL Audio made an off the shelf sub box to replace the interior of the storage compartment. I am not aware of an off the shelf option for a 958.

Below are pictures of the JL Audio Stealthbox in my 2005 CTT with dedicated sub amp where the disc changer used to be. Plenty of bass for me and one of the reasons I will have a hard time upgrading to a newer Cayenne.

A good shop could build a custom sub enclosure where your cubby is or possibly where the Bose sub is. I should either remove my Bose sub for more storage or to save weight.

Trending Topics

Old 04-28-2017, 03:24 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by boxsternewbie
you mean this teeny tiny area on the left? That's barely big enough for a roll of paper towls, no way a decent subwoofer could fit there.

OK. As we say in NJ - forgeddaboutit.. then.

Quick Reply: Cayenne subwoofer ideas for 958?