Sponsored by:

Durametric Cable Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2016, 04:47 PM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Durametric Cable Questions

I have read varying things about the two options for the Durametric cable. The Professional version advertises ability to program, but have read that, at least at some point, the two version of the cable differed only in price, that the non-professional cable did not eliminate that option. And, yes, I have searched, which has lead to finding mutually exclusive information. I am hoping to get the most up-to-date, user confirmed information.

There are a couple things I would like to do with the cable, including lowering and programing some window close functions with the key fob.

Help in determining the correct cable without overpaying is appreciated.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,480 Likes on 4,126 Posts

Enthusiast cable is limited to use on 3 VIN #s, can clear faults, log real time statistics, do activations, etc, but cannot change coding options. That and the unlimited # of VINs is the big difference between the 2. I think their website has a comparison chart. I I have heard that from 2009 forward some of the coding options are more limited than they were on prior years.

I have the Professional cable.
Old 09-25-2016, 12:17 AM
John Welch.
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I was under the impression that although they state that coding is only offered on the professional version, for the Cayenne, coding is available.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:34 AM
sirfin
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need the "professional" kit for coding. With "enthusiast" you can only read and clear faultcodes. And the software isn't as that as you expect.

I recommend to buy the VAG COM Hex+Can cable for the VW family (Audi, VW, Seat, Skoda) for about 340$ on http://www.ross-tech.com/ and short the pin 3 with pin 7. You'll have a fully professional reading and coding utility

VAG COM is much more confortable and has much much more features. The durametric is lagging minimum 10 years behind the ross-tech software. The VCDS software is realy easy to handle and it's very easy builded to understand what you do.

I don't know how and if it works with the newer models of Porsche, but I think that it does without problems as on my cayenne 9PA1. This is possible because almost all ECUs are speaking Touaregish

Greetz

F E R R I

Last edited by sirfin; 09-25-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:44 AM
CT944
Drifting

Received 157 Likes on 110 Posts

I used my enthusiast version with 3 vin limit to lower my 2009 Turbo S. Worked great. Haven't used it since.

Quick Reply: Durametric Cable Questions