Sponsored by:

Adding seat memory?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 10:21 PM
BoiseMark
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding seat memory?

Anyone add seat memory to their Cayenne? Would love to have it and was wondering about cost and amount of work.
Old 08-17-2016, 01:11 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

It might be useful Mark - if - you added a SIG with your year/model in it so I don't have to ask every time.

As far as adding seat memory - buy the car that has what you want.

Euro car makers do not include extra wiring or components to a car. If you order seat memory the wiring harness for the car is built to include the needed wiring. The motors on the seat have position sensors built into them to tell the memory module where they are so the memory can return the seat to that position when called for. The door has the necessary wiring and connector to the door has the necessary pins, and the door itself has the switch assembly and opening in the interior door panel. Rear view mirror memory is part of the package, so that wiring, and those sensors are in the car. The steering wheel also has memory - and motors, and wiring, and sensors.

It is very difficult and very costly to add this sort of thing to an existing car and have it appear as what would have been there if it had been ordered when the car was built. So costly that it's typically less expensive to trade in what you have for a vehicle that has what you want.

Sorry - that's the facts of euro-car life. They aren't simple 4 fuse wonders anymore. I believe most Cayennes have well over 100 fuses powering 100 different circuits, and all that wiring is strung though out the car, above, under, along side, in-between the passengers. No practical way to reproduce that later.

If it was me - I'd fugeddaboutit..

Quick Reply: Adding seat memory?