Heads up - great price on Conti DWS -06

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 06:12 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,150 Likes on 763 Posts
Default Heads up - great price on Conti DWS -06

http://www.mavistire.com/productcart...380&promocode=

Mavis Tire also appears to be STS - or the other way around. Whatever, I went into the local STS store and asked about the Continental ContiExtremeContact DWS06 295/35-21. He came up with a price of $302/each. I mentioned seeing them for less then $300 on line on their website, and he immediately knocked $10/per off.

Considering the best prices I've seen on these is around $340 PLUS shipping - this is a super deal. My experience with these tires was entirely favorable when I had a set on my '06 Cayenne S.. since I'll be needing tires for the '11 Turbo shortly - this would be my choice. And the treadware rating (and 60,000 mile treadwear warranty) is just icing on the cake.

Just a heads up if you're shopping rubber..
Old 03-29-2016, 04:38 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. They have no stores in this area.

Bought a set of DWS-6 from a local tire shop but 275 40 20. The out the door price, mounted, balanced, with free lifetime tire rotation was $320/tire. Looks like their pricing was competitive.
Old 03-29-2016, 05:07 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by v10rick
Thanks for the heads up. They have no stores in this area.

Bought a set of DWS-6 from a local tire shop but 275 40 20. The out the door price, mounted, balanced, with free lifetime tire rotation was $320/tire. Looks like their pricing was competitive.
Actually - you might want to check TireRack's price. For a 275/40-20 DWS-6, they are $252/each before shipping/mounting/balancing. I would guess the $320/each would be competitive with TireRack.

The Mavis/STS price for them, mounted, balanced, lifetime rotation - about $270/each. http://www.mavistire.com/productcart...837&promocode=
Old 03-29-2016, 05:58 PM
v10rick
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by deilenberger
Actually - you might want to check TireRack's price. For a 275/40-20 DWS-6, they are $252/each before shipping/mounting/balancing. I would guess the $320/each would be competitive with TireRack.

The Mavis/STS price for them, mounted, balanced, lifetime rotation - about $270/each. http://www.mavistire.com/productcart...837&promocode=
I purchased Bridgestone tires from TireRack for my CS and had them shipped to a local authorized installer. The tire price was great but the installer fees soured the deal. Shop fee, disposal fee, handling fee...give me a break. Along with this agree to a liability waver.
Never again.
Old 03-29-2016, 10:48 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Originally Posted by v10rick
I purchased Bridgestone tires from TireRack for my CS and had them shipped to a local authorized installer. The tire price was great but the installer fees soured the deal. Shop fee, disposal fee, handling fee...give me a break. Along with this agree to a liability waver.
Never again.
I've done TireRack tires in the past - and they recommended an excellent local shop - but with their current prices I'd agree. Better in that case to go with the Mavis/STS deal - drive in, drive out (mounted, balanced, road-hazard warranty)- for less then TireRack gets for the same tire after you count your shipping, mounting etc.

Which is kinda why I suggested Mavis/STS. STS has a reasonable reputation for it's stores in NJ, can't speak about other locations.
Old 04-01-2016, 01:07 AM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

I've done TireRack tires in the past - and they recommended an excellent local shop - but with their current prices I'd agree. Better in that case to go with the Mavis/STS deal - drive in, drive out (mounted, balanced, road-hazard warranty)- for less then TireRack gets for the same tire after you count your shipping, mounting etc.

Which is kinda why I suggested Mavis/STS. STS has a reasonable reputation for it's stores in NJ, can't speak about other locations.
Wisconsin, Minnesota or Virginia

Do they have them there?
Old 04-01-2016, 04:10 PM
deilenberger
Banned

vtgt - dunno. Perhaps Google or their website might tell you?
Old 04-01-2016, 04:16 PM
vtgt
Pro

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts

vtgt - dunno. Perhaps Google or their website might tell you?
Hehe will check

And reviews compared to the other tires you have run especially summer tires

Quick Reply: Heads up - great price on Conti DWS -06