Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning!: no start after fill up

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018, 09:47 PM
Aislinns_Daddy
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had same issue on my V6 Base - the part was $120 for the Porsche version and $44 for the OEM, (Both are Bosch - same part, different box).
Took an hour to swap it on the V6 as its hidden at the back under the crank case valve and you need small hands to get to it.

On the V8 its even easier to get to as its front and center behind the air intake pipes.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:22 PM
Miamirice
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Aislinns_Daddy
Had same issue on my V6 Base - the part was $120 for the Porsche version and $44 for the OEM, (Both are Bosch - same part, different box).
Took an hour to swap it on the V6 as its hidden at the back under the crank case valve and you need small hands to get to it.

On the V8 its even easier to get to as its front and center behind the air intake pipes.
for me....the hardest part of the job was taking the channel locks and repeatedly squeezing the rubber hose that meets this plastic vent tube at the back of the motor. As others have said it’s glued into the rubber hose. So I crushed the plastic tube which left the metal portion inside the rubber hose (when you look at your new part you will see the little metal section. Between crushing this metal tube and prying the rubber hose away it was the most challenging part of what a pretty simple job.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:26 PM
ciscorp
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have replaced my purge vent valve on my 06 Cayenne S in the past at about 120,000 miles. As you mentioned, it will not start after filling up with gas. The reason is the gas fumes are being forced out of the gas tank when filling up and the fumes go directly into the manifold, flooding the engine. Opening the throttle body all the way by holding the gas pedal down when you crank the engine allows more air into the manifold so it can start. Until you receive your part you could only fill the gas tank up half way when you fuel and most of the time the engine will start as usual.

Quick Reply: Warning!: no start after fill up