Sponsored by:

missing RR jack cover

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2018, 10:56 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts
Default missing RR jack cover

I have somehow lost the right rear cover for the jacking point on my CGTS. Appreciate direction to source a used part.

tia......Malcolm
Old 02-23-2018, 01:11 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Malcolm, these things are notorious for popping off with the slightest provocation; particularly with driving in deep snow. I imagine that it's the rear one that you lost?
Although I can"t help you with sourcing a used part, I can however recommend that you use a liberal amount of silicone adhesive when remounting the replacement.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:31 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

I do drive the Cayenne through all seasons and its possible the piece got loosened during one of many snow excursions!

Im not sure where to start sourcing a used piece albeit Im sure the dealership can get a new one $$$.
Old 02-24-2018, 01:30 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

There are a couple of Porsche specialty auto-wreckers around in the US - chances are they could help. You can probably Google for one (there is one in LA - is it LA Auto Wreckers?) A new one from the dealer will arrive unpainted.. but it will be a challenge to find a used one in Nordic Gold I suspect.
Old 02-25-2018, 11:08 AM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by deilenberger
There are a couple of Porsche specialty auto-wreckers around in the US - chances are they could help. You can probably Google for one (there is one in LA - is it LA Auto Wreckers?) A new one from the dealer will arrive unpainted.. but it will be a challenge to find a used one in Nordic Gold I suspect.

"it will be a challenge to find a used one in Nordic Gold I suspect.".........its not exactly a common colour, now if it was silver, black or even red

Quick Reply: missing RR jack cover