Sponsored by:

OIL IN COOLANT CAYENNE S 2004

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 01:19 PM
gtrio
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OIL IN COOLANT CAYENNE S 2004

the coolant signal went on the dashboard, latter that day i checked the reservoir and saw oil in coolant, i did a little research and saw that changing the oil cooler may solved the problem. the thing is that keeps doing the mixing (oil) in the coolant. what else can be??
Old 02-22-2018, 01:27 PM
PartsGuyGT
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So you replaced the cooler and it still does it??? If not the cooler then it could be a head gasket but I'm more inclined to say its the oil cooler. Do you see coolant on the dip stick?
Old 02-22-2018, 01:51 PM
gtrio
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by PartsGuyGT
So you replaced the cooler and it still does it??? If not the cooler then it could be a head gasket but I'm more inclined to say its the oil cooler. Do you see coolant on the dip stick?
thanks for the reply, The dip stick it looks fine, just oil. the weird thing is that the problem came out just a day after doing a change oil, can it be the oil filter be misplaced and causing this??
Old 02-22-2018, 02:32 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

This is really difficult to read. If you write a little more carefully, people may be able to understand what's going on.

For example,

Originally Posted by gtrio
... changing the oil cooler may solved the problem..
Do you really mean:
(1) changing the oil cooler may have solved the problem [i.e., you changed the oil cooler, and you think it might be solved now]
(2) changing the oil cooler may solve the problem [i.e., you have not changed the oil cooler, but you think it might fix it if you try that]
(3) something else

Tough to answer a question when you don't know what is being asked.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:46 PM
Andy E.
The V8 Porschephile
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oldskewel
This is really difficult to read. If you write a little more carefully, people may be able to understand what's going on.

For example,

Do you really mean:
(1) changing the oil cooler may have solved the problem [i.e., you changed the oil cooler, and you think it might be solved now]
(2) changing the oil cooler may solve the problem [i.e., you have not changed the oil cooler, but you think it might fix it if you try that]
(3) something else

Tough to answer a question when you don't know what is being asked.
I believe that the OP is stating that following his research, changing the oil cooler may solve the problem.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:17 PM
gtrio
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Andy E.
I believe that the OP is stating that following his research, changing the oil cooler may solve the problem.
maybe i didn't explain my self correctly, i did change the oil cooler but it didn't resolve the problem, the engine has 70k miles on it, what else could it be??
Old 02-22-2018, 05:38 PM
oldskewel
Burning Brakes

Received 130 Likes on 106 Posts

See! Andy E thought it was (2) (as did I, BTW), but it turns out it was (1), which is completely different, of course.
Old 02-22-2018, 08:09 PM
VulcanGrey
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Head gasket... if your coolant light came on, then coolant is probably low. Oil in the coolant probabyly also means combustion gasses in the coolant. You can do a test for that.
https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7001006
or cheaper https://www.summitracing.com/parts/l...hoC4VwQAvD_BwE
or amazon
Amazon Amazon

This test will tell you if the head gasket is leaking combustion gasses into the coolant reservoir.

Quick Reply: OIL IN COOLANT CAYENNE S 2004