Sponsored by:

Torque App - Oil Pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:38 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Torque App - Oil Pressure?

Has anyone cracked the code for the Oil Pressure PID to add that to the Torque App? Having a temp gauge w/o pressure seems strange for a performance vehicle.
Old 02-14-2018, 12:37 AM
Dilberto
Drifting

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Existing temp gauge cannot "convert" to sense oil pressure.... you'll need a separate, physical sending unit for that function alone.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:51 AM
Avec
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Dilberto
Existing temp gauge cannot "convert" to sense oil pressure.... you'll need a separate, physical sending unit for that function alone.
My bad, I was a bit careless in my wording. I was not implying that the Oil Temp gauge should show pressure, but that there should be an Oil Pressure gauge in addition to Temp. Since there no in place pressure gauge, I am trying to have that information displayed on my Android head unit running the Torque app
Old 02-14-2018, 04:24 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

There was someone who reverse engineered the transmission temp PID (and then wrote an app) so that he could do a flush and then properly refill. I think he was just stabbing in the dark to find the correct blocks until he found something that made sense.

It's possible an individual on the VW/Audi boards has already figured it out, but I am not entirely sure that these cars have an oil pressure sensor. It's likely a beast such as Mr. Haney who has been up close and personal in PIWIS and done a full 955 engine rebuild would know. If you figure it out, please let us know. I now have the desire to see how much oil changes/temps affect pressure on these engines. I have other vehicles with oil pressure setup with TorquePro and analog gauges and it is always fun to watch.

Quick Reply: Torque App - Oil Pressure?