Sponsored by:

New Cayenne colors -

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 10:56 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts
Default New Cayenne colors -

Does anyone know when there will be more colors available for the new model? The current exterior color palette is quite limited. Also, I wonder why?

Old 02-08-2018, 07:13 AM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

The US (not sure about the rest of the world) only seems to buy vehicles that are black (or near-black), gray (or near-gray), silver (or near-silver), and white. Those of us who refuse to participate in turning cities, suburbs, and highways into boring parades of black & white vehicles appear to have only the teal and metallic tan to pick from to stay out of the gray-zone for vehicle colors. And both of those seem to be intentionally de-saturated to make them less vibrant... pzzzzzzz
Old 02-08-2018, 08:41 AM
wkearney99
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 109 Posts

If you want something special be sure to check with your dealer as to the window of time for paint to sample. From what I understand there's only certain times of the production cycle they accommodate PTS. You do, of course, pay more for this.

That and check with the dealer for the colors they show on their computers. My '17 has Sapphire Blue metallic that was not listed on the website. I'm likewise skeptical of the current color set shown on the website.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:47 PM
Dan87951
Nordschleife Master

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I never understood Porsche, BMW, or Mercedes for that matter went it comes to color offerings. These car companies will offer a hundred different shades of silver but you have to beg or pay extreme amounts to get red, blue, or green.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:37 PM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

It's not the car companies, it's the lemmings. Seems the entire country has rejected color on cars... seems like all we see on the road is black, white, silver, and gray. No color at all. If people (the lemmings) only buy black, white, silver, or gray, it would be silly to import many units in other colors. The market determines what we get for color, the car companies only follow and try to anticipate the market. Sometimes, color works to your advantage. We jumped WAY ahead in the line waiting for an electric car simply because it was already on the way and was blue... it was the only one not pre-sold and all the others that were pre-sold and those were all black, white, silver, and gray (these were cars already manufactured and either already on the way or were finished and about to ship).
Old 02-15-2018, 04:58 PM
RS-America
Rennlist Member

Received 189 Likes on 100 Posts

Agree 50 shades of gray are not much of a color choice. Our Cayenne is Auburn aka Root Beer in color. They did not offer this for very long. While we did an entire Xpel Stealth wrap for going off road - getting a wrap of any color or design is always an option. Photo is the Hoehn Porsche entry to the women only Rebelle Rally. Approximately 2,000 kilometers of spectacular desert driving via dirt roads, double tracks, trails, and sand dunes. The women navigate in the desert by compass and paper, electronic aids GPS, etc are not permitted. http://www.rebellerally.com/
Old 02-15-2018, 05:10 PM
Semitone
Pro

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

I'll agree it is a rather pathetic selection of colors. Last year I was at he dealer bitching about the color choice..because that is what I do. Sa told me it was because it was a transition year and more colors will probably be added. That was before the new Cayenne was announced so I thought new colors would show up in the new model year. Doesn't look like it. Maybe next model year or he was just blowing smoke? The black/white/20 shades of gray carp needs to stop before go completely color blind.

In any event, I just bought a yellow 718 so I would have something to brighten up my garage.

Quick Reply: New Cayenne colors -