Sponsored by:

2019 Cayenne at the Washington Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2018, 01:40 AM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,378 Likes on 1,537 Posts
Default 2019 Cayenne at the Washington Auto Show

It's quite handsome, they tell me they will arrive Sept/Oct this year and are on allocation, with most dealers already having their slots full of pre-orders from customers for the remainder of 2018.

Old 01-30-2018, 04:30 AM
ScootCherHienie
Burning Brakes

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts

Well, that one looks MUCH better than the photos that have been circulating (usually a white Cayenne with black-out grill openings in center and under headlights).
Old 01-30-2018, 10:53 AM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,160 Likes on 767 Posts

My only thoughts are - why has the rear hatch window gotten even more slanted? This does cut into trunk room (having just gotten back from a trip from NJ to CA to NJ in my '11 CTT - every inch of space was in use by my wife..)

And when are they going to learn to tuck the rear wiper up under the wing at the top of the hatch? Keeps it from loading up with snow when it snows and protects it from carwashes. Lexus figured this out over a decade ago.. other than that - it looks enough like my '11 that mine doesn't look antique..
Old 01-30-2018, 12:27 PM
drcollie
Rennlist Member

Received 4,378 Likes on 1,537 Posts

One more shot from a different angle

Old 01-30-2018, 12:49 PM
nodoors
Three Wheelin'

Received 65 Likes on 55 Posts

1. Tail lights are much improved, finally!
2. Something is off about the rear bumper, it looks like it is sliding off the back of the car
3. Agreed on the rear hatch. It is much too slanted which has a major functional impact on an SUV
4. The grill and frontend are too squared off and angular. The straight lines do not flow well with the rest of the car.

I will give Porsche designers a B+ for effort and a B- for execution. Overall, it gives me zero desire to upgrade. I was really hoping it would get me excited like when the 991 carreras came out, but it just doesn't.
Old 02-24-2018, 08:13 PM
bsklar
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What color was the Cayenne from the show?
Old 02-24-2018, 10:10 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Looks good, nice upgrade as the current generation is very long on the tooth. Considered ordering one (have owned three since they originally were introduced), but the pricing of the new one is very high -- essentially $100k for a nicely equipped S, and you can't get one for about a year in the US according to my local dealer. Considered a Macan, but there's essentially no cargo space (approximately 17cf) -- especially with the sloped rear hatch, and if you have a couple of Golden Retrievers, they can't stand unless you put the rear seats down. And, as noted above regarding the sloped rear hatch on the new Cayenne, the form factor may not accommodate the dogs. I love Porsches -- bought a 911 Turbo a year ago, and it's a fantastic sports car, but I'm replacing my wife's 2013 Cayenne Diesel with the newly designed BMW X3 M40i -- in production right now -- should have it in a month. Turns out the X3 has more cargo space than the current Cayenne, and the M40i version goes 0 - 60 in 4.6sec, fit and finish is great, interior is impressive, handles very well, 3 years of free maintenance, and best of all, a fully loaded one stickers for $65K. Can't justify $35K more for the new Cayenne, and didn't want to wait a year. Also test drove the Audi Q7 -- very impressive performance, especially if one needs a larger SUV -- fully loaded, around $70K MSRP. Porsche has some formidable competition in this space with nothing to offer for a year.

One more thing: When is Porsche going to allow the customer to track the status of his / her build (production) on line? BMW has had that capability for many years.
Old 02-25-2018, 10:48 AM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

I noticed a nice equipped s is around 105k ish but does the extra 50k warrant the Porsche name? Talking to a dealer, q4 seems to be around when the new cayenne is coming in. Surprising its so late in the year, unless there are discounts I believe most people will wait for next year models.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:03 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Gh0st0
I noticed a nice equipped s is around 105k ish but does the extra 50k warrant the Porsche name? Talking to a dealer, q4 seems to be around when the new cayenne is coming in. Surprising its so late in the year, unless there are discounts I believe most people will wait for next year models.
That's a very long wait as the new model whether it comes out this Fall or Q4 (your dealers guidance), it's going to be a 2019 model. That leads me to believe the 2020 version won't be out until Fall of 2019 -- that's a long wait, but perhaps a wise thing to do as the reliability of the first year of a redo can be risky, although it's currently available in other countries, so perhaps the bugs will be worked out prior to US introduction.

Don't know about discounts as there is no supply, leaving no motivation for dealers to concede on price. Certainly not a buyers market at this point in the US. As far as price is concerned, it may get worse in the interim if the USD weakens further.

Quick Reply: 2019 Cayenne at the Washington Auto Show