Durametric help

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 05:55 PM
angusc
Track Day

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Durametric help

Hi there,

I'm currently away from home on vacation in my 2006 Cayenne Turbo S. I had a miss fire so plugged in my Durametric cable and cleared the error codes after fixing the split crank case breather hose that was causing the misfire. I then looked at the electrical system and found an error message about the coding of the electrical system. Durametrics can't read out the coding (See the first and second screen shots), I tried to re code from scratch using this code 1111111100 but when trying to write the new code it is rejected due to not being able to read the existing code. If you see the Second and third screen shots you see that the "Current Coding" is blank, which it should not be and should contain the existing coding.

Please see the attached photos for the Durametric system and the coding screen.

Does anyone have a screenshot of their coding for the electrical system to give me an idea if in trying to enter the correct coding. Also any further advice about this issue from anyone with a similar problem?

Thanx for your assistance.

Last edited by angusc; 08-13-2017 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Updated with proper Screen shots (Thanx to Deilenberger for his tips on this)
Old 08-11-2017, 08:37 PM
deilenberger
Banned

Received 1,141 Likes on 758 Posts

A suggestion or two:

1. Tell us exactly what the error message said, and what coding it thinks is missing.

2. Go get IrfanView - a free editor and screen capture tool for your Windows PC. It's a great program and totally free. Use screen captures to show us what you're seeing, and resize them to 1024x728 before uploading them. IrfanView can do the resizing quite easily. Being able to see what you're seeing on the screen will be a bit step forward since then people will have an idea of what you're asking about. As it is - the screen photos are difficult to impossible to read, so people are simply going to pass over the thread.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:45 AM
angusc
Track Day

Thanx Deilenberger, I have updated my original post with clear screen shots.
Old 08-15-2017, 06:58 AM
angusc
Track Day

Hi there, can anyone with a Durametric and CTTS please read out their electrical system coding and post a screenshot. As you can see from my screenshot, my electrical system coding is blank and can not be read out by Durametric system.

I'm interested to know if this is a fault with my car or Durametrics just not able to read out the actual coding.

Thank you.

Quick Reply: Durametric help