Notices

Performance Mods for 2009 C2S

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 01:46 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Performance Mods for 2009 C2S

I own a 2009 C2S 3.8L, manual shift. I've owned the car for 5 years and really enjoy taking her out on weekends on the open country roads north of Atlanta. To date the only performance mod, if you can call it that, I have made is a Sharkwerks center muffler delete. I really enjoy the GT aspects of the car and am looking for any means of adding a few more HP. Forgetting the ECU flash for a second, are there any other mods I could undertake? Tuned exhaust for example perhaps. I've heard that a cold air intake really doesn't make much difference given the stock air box. Any recommendations aside from trading her in for a GTS or Turbo?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 07-18-2017, 02:01 AM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 158 Posts

Search the 997 forum and you'll find a lot of advice.
Front end breathing: IPD Plenum and GT3 TB along with performance filters in the standard airbox.
Back end breathing: Headers/cats, side cans, center delete

These are all bolt on. Personally, I'd start with the performance filters, IPD plenum and GT3 TB.
Old 08-23-2017, 12:39 PM
BF951
Rennlist Member

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts

I found an EVOMS intake and IPD Plenum to make a noticeable difference. I couldn't be happier with them. These are amazingly easy to install and thankfully there are not a dozen different flavors of each.

Not true for the exhaust side but I think any vendor's sport cats will allow improved exhaust flow and breathing. Keep in mind quality of built whether others have had fitment issues or Check Engine Lights with any particular piece.

Quick Reply: Performance Mods for 2009 C2S