Cayman 987.2 Tubi exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 04:26 PM
gyash
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cayman 987.2 Tubi exhaust

Hi,

I just got the Tubi exhaust installed on my 2011 cayman and I can feel a huge difference in the car's performance, the sound became deeper but it still feels obstructed. Any advise on how I can get it to be more free flowing. I was looking at getting these performance filters (http://www.softronicsoftware.com/por...mc-air-filter/) and tune (http://www.softronicsoftware.com/987...ance-software/). Does any one have experience with these products and their affects on the exhaust note and performance?

I was recommended getting an X pipe or go catless, though I'm sketched out by the reliability and don't want it sounding like a honda tunner

Tubi exhaust with fab speed tips

San Diego
Old 02-16-2015, 05:49 PM
acropora157
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You may feel a seat of the pants performance increase with the Tubi exhaust, but I'm not so certain if there is much of a performance gain. I also have a 987.2 CS and I have a Borla exhaust. I had a Borla exhaust before and its the sound that I wanted, but again not so much of a gain in performance by itself. I have an Evoms air intake, so it's a good idea to change out the stock intake. I also have the softronic tune on my 987.2. I had their tune on a previously owned 987.1 where it really made a difference coupled with a GT-3 Throttle body/plenum upgrade, also from Softronics. My experience with Softronics customer service was very good.
However I do have to add that the performance upgrade using their software on the 987.2 was not as clear cut and noticeable as the software used on my previously owned 987.1
Old 02-23-2015, 03:07 PM
gyash
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I was looking into the softtronic too, but was worried about the warranty getting void. Is it easy to re-flash it back to stock? I have heard the general view that its imperative to get a tune if you install an exhaust to get most out of it. Not sure how much of a difference it'd make overall.

Quick Reply: Cayman 987.2 Tubi exhaust