Notices

Problem with ABS after installing Bilshtein B16

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 06:45 AM
dmbudarin
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with ABS after installing Bilshtein B16

Sorry for my English, I'm not a native speaker.

After installing Bilshtein b16 pss9 (without damptronic) a problem with ABS has occurred. My car is 997 Carrera S, manual transmission, 2011, and it had a PASM from factory. I ordered B16 without Damptronic because I have an experience of adjusting this suspension on my previous cars, and I did not want electronic suspension. After installing suspension, even at low speeds, when I press a brake pedal (softly) ABS starts working. First we thought the problem was with cross balancing, but after we adjusted cross weight, the problem remained. When we disconnected PASM, sport mode stopped working. Our next guess was the electronics disfunction. I bought PASM cancelation kit from KW suspensions. After installing this cancellation kit the sport mode started working, but the problem was still there. I have no clue what to do. My local dealer is very stupid, he can only change oil and brake pads. So I can not get any help from them. They checked ABS sensors, and did not find any problems.
What are your suggestions? Can you tell me how to align the suspension rate? What height of front and rear axle, cross weight, weight distribution (front/rear) are needed? And how many clicks do you make to adjust front/rear axle? I made 3 clicks from stiff setting at front, and 5 clicks at rear axle. Thank you in advance.

My cross weight, after installing B16
FL 284.5kg FR 271.5kg
RL 454.5kg RR 450 kg

Front 38.07%
Rear 61.93%

Cross 49.73%
Old 11-15-2013, 07:52 AM
dmbudarin
2nd Gear

Maybe someone can give me a link to a tread, where I can see suspension alignment?
Old 12-08-2013, 09:15 AM
P2BE
Intermediate

This might be more of an ECU (electronic control unit) of the ABS. The system might have been configured for PASM, then when it does not have it, it just works different. The only thing I can think of is for you to try the shocks with damptronic. I know this would be a huge and expensive trial.
The way the ABS units are developed these days are very vehicle specific. I am afraid that with the changes that you made, it just does not sync.
Old 12-13-2013, 02:29 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

PASM can be deactivated with PIWIS.
once deactivated, it's like you never had it.
install any shocks like you would to any older cars.

Quick Reply: Problem with ABS after installing Bilshtein B16