Notices

Brake Proportioning Valve Mounting Question...

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 10:34 AM
kccampro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Proportioning Valve Mounting Question...

This question may be a long shot but is anyone running a Stainless Steel Brake Proportioning Valve in their car? I’m knee deep running all new brake lines in my track project and I’m trying to determine if the Proportioning Valve can be mounted with the **** facing forward rather than upwards as shown in the picture. It would work better to have it mounted facing forward for my application but I fear not being able to bleed it properly if I deviate from the horizontal mounting as shown. If anyone is running an adjustable valve who can confirm the mounting requirements I’d GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks!
Attached Images  
Old 10-27-2010, 09:07 PM
kccampro
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the official answer I got back from SSBC: "The valve can be mounted in any position that is convenient on your car, just keep it below the master cylinder and set the adjustment to full decrease until the system is bled of air. Then set the valve at about half travel and test the brakes, if the rear brakes apply before the front lower the pressure, if the don’t come on enough, raise the pressure."

Quick Reply: Brake Proportioning Valve Mounting Question...