Notices

Difference between k27 and k27.2

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2010 | 04:21 PM
RocSteadyNy
3rd Gear

Default Difference between k27 and k27.2

Hi i've searched but couldnt really find the info i'm looking for. I'm kinda new to turbo chargers. I am looking for a turbo to go with my 2.2l honda motor that i am currently in the process of building. I know that this is a porsche forum but i believe i have found the turbo i want to use for my application in the k27. I couldn't find the specs on borg warners website, and this is the pretty much the only forum that came up when i did a google search. on borg warner site the k27 and k27.2 are listed under commercial vehicles, so i am thinking it is on some sort of truck
would that pose a problem? also what type of flange would be necessary to mount the k27 on the manifold? also what type of flange is required for the down pipe?

in order for me to achieve my goal of 300-450 hp street and track. i would have to run the turbo at 16-30 psi depending on the hp level i want and the air/fuel ratio. What I am mostly concerned with is how the k27 that i see alot of ppl talking about on the forum differs from the one on the bw website, or is it the same turbo that is listed under commercial vehicles?

I know this is my first post. I have done some searching on the forums just can't find exactly what i'm looking for. and i am not looking for anything related to honda. Just some turbo info. Thanks in advance for any info anyone can give me.

Last edited by RocSteadyNy; 03-26-2010 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2010 | 04:25 PM
RocSteadyNy
3rd Gear

also i am currently looking at this turbo on ebay.. but they couldn't tell me how manufactured it. if i bought this turbo could i get it rebuilt with borg warner parts, or another companies parts? shouldn't that suffice, as far as the internals go. arent the housings pretty much the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/L-K-N...#ht_1739wt_832

Last edited by RocSteadyNy; 03-26-2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: forgot the link
Old 03-26-2010 | 04:35 PM
RocSteadyNy
3rd Gear

I also read somewhere on here that over 25 pis would be bad for the turbo because the wheel would be spinning in excess of 130k, but i used a calculator to match up a turbo with what i am looking for and for max boost of 30psi my plot on the map has the wheel spinning at 120k. i used this calculator

http://www.squirrelpf.com/turbocalc/

Quick Reply: Difference between k27 and k27.2